Dustin Fletcher, our hero hangs up his cape

He is putting the boots on for the IRS for one last time…what a legend

Absolutely fantastic.

I know most people (myself included), don’t really care for the International Rules. But Fletch playing will ensure that I watch it. After all, his desire to play in this game was the reason why he didn’t want to destroy his body by playing in Rd 23.

Hope he smashes it and its a fitting farewell game for the champ.

Yeap, I’m with you there.

Having read his book I was quite surprised with how highly he regarded the international rules series.

Just a real genuine bloke and goes to show what being around his mates & people he respects means to him, not surprising for the legend that he is.

:frowning:

I miss fletch

If he’s any good in the game we should see if we can draft him… Apparently has a dodgy groin (the rumour is he had OP this year), so a 3rd rounder should do it. Pretty skinny and will need some time to get an AFL ready body, but has good height, reach, speed, and disposal, so already an upgrade on Steiny, Pears, and Talia.

Just finished reading his book today. Well worth the read. His take on the Saga is raw and you can feel the emotion on so many different levels.

Missing him too (hope he goes out in style in Ireland).

At least all those Irish Essendon fans over there get to see him in a farewell game.

He’s done well to get himself up for it though after that injury kept him out for the last half of the season.

Good luck to Fletch and I hope that he has an absolute blast over there.

the club needs to organise a supporter bus.

Hutchy will be interviewing Fletch on the Sunday Footy Show.

Hutchy will be interviewing Fletch on the Sunday Footy Show.
Recap?

Still to come.

He’s going on a twenty week tour of Australia, watching Essendon with fans in a different town every week?

Live TV interview wearing a quick silver t shirt, jeans and thongs. What a man.

Not saying anything Hutchy wants him to say either.

Live TV interview wearing a quick silver t shirt, jeans and thongs. What a man.

Not saying anything Hutchy wants him to say either.

Hopefully someone will post the i’view for those who haven’t seen it… In anticipation, to that person - thanks.

• Annoyed at his restrictions as he doesnt know exactly what he can and cant do but not annoyed at the club.
  • Annoyed he cant get on the ground of his sons game and help coach as thats one reason why he retired.
  • still feels empathy towards Hirdy and classes him as a mate
  • hopes the 12 banned players come back to Essendon.
  • surprised Bock got off, but good on him.
  • Doesnt blame Hird as he trusted everything was WADA/ASADA proved… but thinks everyone should take some blame in the club.
  • Thinks we copped our whack already with loss of picks, fine and booted out of the finals.

Hutchy really tried to push him but good ol Fletch gave him doughnuts…

Which he ate.

- Annoyed at his restrictions as he doesnt know exactly what he can and cant do but not annoyed at the club. - Annoyed he cant get on the ground of his sons game and help coach as thats one reason why he retired. - still feels empathy towards Hirdy and classes him as a mate - hopes the 12 banned players come back to Essendon. - surprised Bock got off, but good on him. - Doesnt blame Hird as he trusted everything was WADA/ASADA proved.. but thinks everyone should take some blame in the club. - Thinks we copped our whack already with loss of picks, fine and booted out of the finals.

Which he ate.

Watch the articles focus on one line, and twist it into Hird as the emperor of the evil empire.

- Annoyed at his restrictions as he doesnt know exactly what he can and cant do but not annoyed at the club. - Annoyed he cant get on the ground of his sons game and help coach as thats one reason why he retired. - still feels empathy towards Hirdy and classes him as a mate - hopes the 12 banned players come back to Essendon. - surprised Bock got off, but good on him. - Doesnt blame Hird as he trusted everything was WADA/ASADA proved.. but thinks everyone should take some blame in the club. - Thinks we copped our whack already with loss of picks, fine and booted out of the finals.

Which he ate.

Watch the articles focus on one line, and twist it into Hird as the emperor of the evil empire.

Misrepresentation started hrs ago:

Julian de Stoop Retweeted
FOX FOOTY LIVE ‏@FOXFootyLive 4h4 hours ago
Dustin Fletcher says he wouldn’t blame Jobe Watson for quitting footy & the Bombers in 2017: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essendon-great-dustin-fletcher-says-he-would-have-no-problem-if-jobe-watson-quit-the-bombers/news-story/b72d36e98902e2a4e87a6a7f1a3b9a79

2 retweets 7 likes
Reply Retweet 2
Like 7
More

Misrepresentation started hrs ago:

Julian de Stoop Retweeted
FOX FOOTY LIVE ‏@FOXFootyLive 4h4 hours ago
Dustin Fletcher says he wouldn’t blame Jobe Watson for quitting footy & the Bombers in 2017: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essendon-great-dustin-fletcher-says-he-would-have-no-problem-if-jobe-watson-quit-the-bombers/news-story/b72d36e98902e2a4e87a6a7f1a3b9a79

2 retweets 7 likes
Reply Retweet 2
Like 7
More

And Julian de Stoop is an Essendon fan. Imagine what the others will do.

And yet idiot Sam Edmund complains about players being banned from doing media.