Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

Damn

Not really, if it is a choice between Tiges and Norf, then Tiges. DOn’t want Norf to suddenly be better and the Tigers have an amazing ability to implode when success looks close.

2 Likes

Never going to leave, too important for them and tiger network too important to him.

Good on him if he stays. Being a one club player is pretty special and if it means Richmond are financially strapped for the next 8 years then it’s good for the other teams. Plus the Norf melts are going to be epic.

1 Like

Staying. Officially.

Edit - officially by me :wink:

Nah should be announced tonight

Colour me surprised … :roll_eyes:

I don’t think it was a clear cut decision as you make out. You were 100% guessing he was staying, just like everyone else was on his future

2 Likes

Well, of course it was a “Guess”, … I suppose, … but I never for one second thought he’d leave.

1 Like

I was informed an hour ago that he told personell at richmond today that he was staying. My ex gfs dad(which i still have a good relationship with still) and his brother work with richmond.

All year they thought he was gone untill about 2 months ago when they were unsure completely.

3 Likes

Massive if true. Good on him

Reports of $1.3M a year, 7 year deal. If correct then they obviously had to up it from their $1.1M a year in order to stop him from heading to North. Massive coin, over 10% of the cap on a single player. With Cotchin, Rance, Prestia and Riewoldt also on big money, will be interesting to see how they manage their cap from here. Mind you, they have few other player who would be commanding big salaries…

2 Likes

Jake brady making up stories.

What he means is, ‘when i was sharing a line of coke with dusty he started belting the tigers song’

2 Likes

Game of chess from them in the end saw Tigers up their offer by $200k/yr. They had to really, simply couldn’t afford to lose him.

Well played Dusty/Carr.

Suck it north also. Their big plays appear to have been in vain and now also re-signed Scott. Ha! … they have no choice but to go through full rebuild with youth, or just fold.

4 Likes

Or move to tassie.

4 Likes

Or sign Kelly.

They already believed out of race for him which is why their Dusty offer got upped.

Maybe they’ll poach Conor

You were spot on it seems. Apparently Dusty is announcing the news on the footy show tonight

1 Like

H Scum & Fox was reporting NM expected him to sign with 9thmond early as last night it seems.

Updated it a few hours ago and said sources have confirmed.

North Melbourne expects Dustin Martin to turn down its offer and sign a new deal at Richmond

DUSTIN Martin has agreed to terms with Richmond and will remain a Tiger for the next seven years, declining a massive North Melbourne offer.

Sources have confirmed that Martin has agreed to stay at Punt Road, signing a deal worth an estimated $1.2m to $1.3m a season — still well short of the massive seven-year $10.5m offer put to Martin by the Kangaroos.

North had been bracing itself for the news that Martin had declined its offer to stick with Richmond.

The Tigers were tight-lipped about Martin on Thursday, but a source indicated that it was “moving in that direction” of the star Tiger re-signing.