Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

Obviously the credit report on Norf just came through.

11 Likes

He’s 26, 7 years ■■■■■■ hell that could back fire.

They’ll just play him fwd more at latter stages of his career.

Been extremely durable thus far.

1 Like

The 10 year deal Buddy was / still is a bigger risk.

1 Like

Dusty gives up 1.4 million in footy salary.(200k over 7).

That’s pretty damn loyal. Imagine if you were asked that. Forgo 1.4 MILLION DOLLARS.

for a bloke whose whole life as I understand it is footy, that is admirable.

2 Likes

Tremendous money

He’ll make stacks off $$ from merchandise being sold to Tiger army. Brownlow will just add to that.

North have fark all supporters.

Committing 10% of the cap (as reported) to one player will result in equalisation struggles as blokes down the list increasingly push for their own increments. I know it’s inevitable and they were pushed to it by the tin rattlers, but I would hate to be Richmonds CEO. And it will only get worse if they fall over in straight sets September.

1 Like

Time to delete the thread.

2 Likes

Wait - any fringe Richmond players that we want to make a play for, now that they have committed to salary cap pressure?

I agree. However looking at it logically, how many players would be prepared to derail his chance at a premiership by announcing they were leaving right before their double chance finals campaign? Ryder situation was different.

They aren’t under cap pressure, huge myth.
Most clubs would have players on $800k plus.
They were paying Yarrans wage which was $400k plus this year and I’m sure there will be other delistings or retirements. Their cap would be as healthy as most teams

1 Like

Thank f*ck for that.

Top points for confidence.

But that is one hell of an assumption. Seriously, how anyone on here could make that call astounds me…

1 Like

Both are ridiculous. Another past 5 after 25 is silly.

That’s what they said would be of Gary Ablett Jr, but his body is still breaking down. Oh well.

1 Like

Yes it is a guess but he would of already been on $600-700k.
With the cap increase and steadily going up each year I’m sure they pretty healthy cap wise. Worst case it forces a couple of spuds out the door. You do whatever it takes to keep a player of his ability

Well this a strange interview with the old man.

I hear what you are saying but I think we over simplify it. Like for example we all think we have cap room because Watson, Stanton, Kelly etc have retired.

But reality is JoeDan, Parish etc would soak up that space pretty quickly with massively larger contracts.

The goalposts are always moving and i dont imagine it’s ever one in one out.

Pretty sure, those contracts were done prior to the retirements you mentioned.