Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

Very good player Martin - I want a change of role if he comes to EFC - I'd want him to play as more of an inside midfielder, spend 30% forward, and to straighten up his play - As is stands now he spends too much time outside and is indirect in his play - Despite concerns about his off-field preparation, Martin has missed 5 games of footy in 8 years and 3 of those games were a club imposed suspension.

I think it’s the club imposed suspensions that are worrying people, not so much his preparation.

Many players have experienced club imposed suspensions.

I know. But you’re saying that people on here are concerned about his preparation when most are actually concerned about his off-field antics. If he wasn’t such a dumb ■■■■ off field then I doubt anyone would have any hesitation of trying to sign him.

It will be interesting to see what kind of offers he will receive - Guess his durability will inflate his figures - Anyway I’ve previously posted, I am only interested if Martin changes his style of play - Reckon he is only running at 80%.

Very good player Martin - I want a change of role if he comes to EFC - I'd want him to play as more of an inside midfielder, spend 30% forward, and to straighten up his play - As is stands now he spends too much time outside and is indirect in his play - Despite concerns about his off-field preparation, Martin has missed 5 games of footy in 8 years and 3 of those games were a club imposed suspension.

I think it’s the club imposed suspensions that are worrying people, not so much his preparation.

Martin would have experienced many, many more if the AFL and the AFL media had not actively cooperated in making sure his behaviour was kept out of the public eye.

If he was at essendon, this would cease to happen.

I’m assuming whatever we offer him will be matched by Richmond.
So if we want him, we’d need to trade for him.
None of this walk him to the PSD bullshit we supposedly tried last season with Gaff.

I doubt we’d have the draft picks or player combinations to make it worthwhile for Richmond.

Based solely on his on field performance, he’s a must have. Based on the off field rumours, he’s a stay away from.

Would take Dustin Martin the football player in a heartbeat.

Dustin Martin the person… Maybe not.

I wouldn’t be upset if we did get him, put it that way.

Heck of a football player but doesn’t really fit in with our club culture we have rebuilt the last few years but then again… Where has that gotten us so far?

l am not convinced we will need him next season.

Will be at Collingwood. Save your $BPD’s.

Also think he is big chance to up at Pies or maybe even Hawks if this is Hodge and Burgoynes last year, but realistically Tigers are mad not to match

But if it did happen I would be very happy with him in red and black

Pies or Hawks seem the most likely. And both do not get grief from the AFL about their players.

As much as his onfield performance would be amazing the off field we can do without.

We have such a good group of young mids, all cleanskins really. Heppell, Zerrett, Parish, Langford, McGrath etc. And Myers & Bird will still be around for a bit as well.

I can’t see him being a good fit for our group.

But I hope we are going after Fyfe big time. If Watson retired and we brought in Fyfe would be huge.

I know. But you’re saying that people on here are concerned about his preparation when most are actually concerned about his off-field antics. If he wasn’t such a dumb ■■■■ off field then I doubt anyone would have any hesitation of trying to sign him.

It will be interesting to see what kind of offers he will receive - Guess his durability will inflate his figures - Anyway I’ve previously posted, I am only interested if Martin changes his style of play - Reckon he is only running at 80%.

When he does play inside he is very good at it but you’re right, he should play more inside and rest forward. Gets way too many 1-2 with the short kicks, any idiot can do that.Good kick for goal as well.

Bring him in

Martin would have experienced many, many more if the AFL and the AFL media had not actively cooperated in making sure his behaviour was kept out of the public eye.

If he was at essendon, this would cease to happen.

yes… right…

Belongs at Richmond.

I would be happy offering him 1m a year. He is an awesome player. We have a lot of spare BJ money now… :slight_smile:

Yeah I’m in the ‘get Martin’ basket. But only if we fail to lure Fyfe who is not just a better player but a better suited style of player for our developing list IMO.

But if we can’t lure Fyfe I think we’d be absolutely stupid not throwing 1million a year at Martin. He’s an absolutely fantastic player plus we’ve got a huge space in the salary cap…so we should ■■■■■■ use up that space! Why wouldn’t you use up that space on a player like Martin if we can’t get anyone better?!

I find it hard to believe anyone would want him, let alone offer him 1million fkn dollars per.

This is the guy that hangs around with known drug criminals, biker gangs etc, against the clubs wishes/advice, doesn’t have a clue about finances, can’t look after his own shitt & needs to be babysat by the club, threatened to jam chopsticks into a woman’s eye, etc etc, isn’t it?

Either you guys have short memories or are just not thinking this through.

After all the bad press we’ve had???

Farking NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I don’t normally agree with much from BDS however in this case I do, we do not need Martin at our club. He may be a fairly decent player but he wouldn’t particularly add much to our already growing midfield of young players and his attitude and off-field behaviours would not even fit close to what we are looking for at the club.

Funny that some are more concerned about Martin’s off-field antics - It’s his on field antics that are important - In saying that, reckon he is only going at 80% of his capacity.

I don't normally agree with much from BDS however in this case I do, we do not need Martin at our club. He may be a fairly decent player but he wouldn't particularly add much to our already growing midfield of young players and his attitude and off-field behaviours would not even fit close to what we are looking for at the club.
I can understand not wanting him due to his off field stuff. But this fairly decent player made All Australian last year and has played at a pretty darn good standard for the last three years.

IIRC, in the last ten years, we’ve only had Heppell, Hooker and Jobe are our only players to make it into the All Australian team. I’m pretty sure Dustin would slot in very nicely into our midfield. As great potential as our youngsters are, his on field performance would force these guys to earn their AFL games.

My favourite reason to not get Dustin, which was argued in this forum. Was because he can only do it in a midfield without support.