Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

Stanley is the only trade there I thought was a poor choice. Selwood Mk11 was a free agent. Henderson is a 27 year old who can hold down a KP defensive spot You’re lucky if 1-2 per year at his level come out of any draft. Tuohy will be an interesting 1, he’s currently one of the better performing halfbacks in the league & exactly what we hope McKenna can become so giving up Smedts & 5 draft places (based on current ladder) hardly seems like it could be a loss for Geelong. I also don’t think they’ve actually sacrificed their future. The team we beat last week had 9 players with under 50 games experience and a very similar average age to ours. They have been getting games into players like Cockatoo, Parsons, Parfitt, Kolodjashnij etc & again its really about how well those guys come on which will determine if Geelong can take the next step. I guess until we can actually make finals let alone a prelim, Geelong’s trading is always going to look like its been a success to me.

Jake Niall reporting we are interested

We don’t need this flog at our club.

2 Likes

What are the odds that he never plays a game for whatever club is fool enough to grab him
10s?
Reckon that’d be around the mark
Way too short for mine.

And I have no problem with using the equivalent of #9, #28 and Gore this year to bring in a genuine young midfield gun.

Not surprised did enquire about him last time.

Not against this at all; however if it was to get in the way of locking down any of Joe, Raz, Zerrett, Parish, Tipp or Frang to the club long-term, then it’s a no from me.

BRING HIM IN

Dusty and Tippa in the same side. We will break ■■■■■.

As has been said. All for it but as long as it doesn’t effect the JoeDan/Raz/Zerett money

1 Like

Well, he wouldn’t be playing for free, would he? And a club needs to pay almost all their pay cap. So…yes, it would effect everyone’s contract.

I think the 2018 TPP and re-contracting our existing young talent (Joey, Zerrett, Parish, etc) in the coming years will determine whether we can put an offer to him that would get him to move. That is according to Niall. Is Jobe on big coin this season? Should he retire that frees up significant space. Also the likes of Stanton, Howlett, Bird, etc whilst not on massive contract but as a collective that again frees up cap space. Once we get our ducks in a row then we can do something…

He would turn us into contenders
One of the premier mids in the comp
Bring him the Fark in!

6 Likes

Harley Bennell mk II

1 Like

Would rather sign Parish, Fantasia, Tippa, Daniher, Merrett, Heppel on 5-6 year contracts on big coin than bring this clown in for $1.2 mill.

3 Likes

We can do both.

1 Like

Yes we can.

Question is will we.
Jake Niall knows 9/10 of fa.

5 Likes

Apart from having a dodgy old man what the hell has Dusty done wrong?
He has made a few errors in life like most kids have but nothing serious and definitely nothing that affects his onfield football ability.
He is top 5 mid in the comp material and would go along way towards fixing our major weakness

5 Likes

Didn’t think we had the cap space for Dusty?

I’d suggest Dusty has done very little wrong off field of late.

The chopstix thing was blown wayyyy out of proportion.

1 Like

Definitely.
In the end we may not have a crack but I’d seriously hope we do.