Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

How good is it to be on the other side of the fence of this stuff for a while.

I would prefer all of Fyfe, Jones and Hopper.

But why not?! Bring him in! Fantastic player to watch.

Idk, from whats out in the public it seems like hes a halfwit thats made a few mistakes. I mean, our favourite defender bashed a cabbie. our previous favourite threatened a woman.

…

1 Like

He won’t leave. We tried to get him a few years ago when the Tigers were considering their options. He didn’t come then, won’t come now!

1 Like

My preference would be Rockliff. He wouldn’t cost as much salary wise. Due to Brisbane’s position they are less likely to match and force a trade, so he’ll cost a hell of a lot less in picks. Our major midfield need is clearances, and Rocky fits that to a tee.

Xavier confirmed our list department had discussed it, but it hasn’t gone further yet. Which list department wouldn’t have at least discussed it?

7 Likes

oh boo farkety hooo you lot. sook and whinge that we never get jet midfielders, and now complain that we may be interested in a bona fide gun mid.

christ if we need to employ some poor sod to mind him because he parties too much, then so be it, as long as he performs who gives a ■■■■?

Do not want. At all.

Plenty of other big fish out there, and a few already playing for us needing signing up.

2 Likes

How is threatening to stab a woman in the face with a chopstick, blown out of proportion?

4 Likes

How is someone that bashed a taxi driver still on our list?

Don’t need him, don’t want him. Nick off.

It’s a NO from me

I so wish that Martin the footballer had the personality and temperament of Nat Fyfe.

This guy is a modern day Ben Cousins.

He is a magnificent football player, it is just that as soon as we got him, I could see him doing something totally farked and getting banned from the game for life.

If we got him, I’d be excited but also fearful that he could detonate at any second and we could end up paying out a $6mil contract.

With the clubs previous unwillingness to bring in the talented footballer / questionable bloke types, I can’t see them making an exception in this case but who knows.

If Hurley had as many ‘incidents’ as Martin has, I suspect he wouldn’t be on our list, tbh.

When you do something wrong, you learn from it. Sometimes you learn ‘crap, i’d better take a look at myself and make sure I never do ■■■■ like that again’. Or you can learn ‘wow, the club and the AFL leant on the media and called in favours from the cops, and now they’ve got some player welfare dude paying all my bills and cleaning my house and making sure I get home safe when I’m wasted and stuff. Pretty obvious all that stuff they talk about responsibility and so on is a load of bollocks. I really CAN get away with anything!’

Hurley chose one of those options. Martin chose the other.’

8 Likes

I think paying anyone more money than Joe would be a mistake.

7 Likes

It’s been a long time since we’ve had that kind of player as our centerpiece.
Or were you referring to something other than players?

And despite all that he has still performed at a higher level, on a more consistent basis than basically anybody on our list.

You’re not comparing apples and apples here. You really should stop with that - or dig a little deeper before comparing the two.

HM’s tried a couple of times. Still some aren’t really listening.

He could be the best player ever and I wouldn’t go near him. I do enjoy watching him play though… hell of a football player.

3 Likes

Woosh didn’t win a flag with a bunch of choir boys.

BRING

HIM

IN

11 Likes