Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

WOB, as a WA resident, ear to the sand, so to speak, what are the chances of getting Fyfe.?

My thought though, would be try to push the price up for Martin, and then pinch Josh Kelly.

2 Likes

Predicting his value will decline substantially after Hurley or Tippa pulls his stupid bogan ā€œdonā€™t argueā€ arm out of its socket on Saturday night.

Do not want.

7 Likes

Canā€™t think of a gun for whom a team has had to give up significant draft picks who has delivered a premiership. In a lot of cases has just caused salary pressure and hampered list build. Maybe Ottens to Geelong is the exception.

Go hard for him then when the Richmond panic dollar market is in turmoil, withdraw

The stupidity of people who donā€™t understand that team ā€˜on fieldā€™ performances is not in isolation to off field disorder, chaos & disruptions.

We finally have a club and team who are happy and excited to come to work every day. Why the hell would we mess with that?

8 Likes

I think you have to take off your tin foil hat.

2 Likes

W A N T
A
N
T

If somehow we could get this guy on our list without squeezing out Parish/McGrath/Langford/Fantasia etc then I might think more about it. The money we would have to spend on this guy is crazy and Iā€™d rather spend it on the players previously mentioned.

And I guess weā€™d be left holding the baby after retirement too. Youā€™d be managing him for the rest of his life.

[quote=ā€œdons23, post:558, topic:3638, full:trueā€]
Depends if weā€™re looking at just free agents or more broadly.

If the latter, Jack Billings is out of contract at the Saints. We could do a lot worse than going hard at him, and he would fit our age profile perfectly.

Saints would be hard to deal with though.
[/quote]Reports today that the new CBA will allow free agency status after 4 years if player is not earning median wage.

If that goes through someone like Billings would potentially become a free agent this year. Most likely heā€™s above median wage but you never know.

1 Like

Bring Him In!

zero. Wonā€™t leave WA is the understanding I have

3 Likes

I agree and then lav and lang would ask where do they fit in as 2 x 10 year players and leave provably against their wishes but to play senior footy

Iā€™m not convinced Martin is going anywhere.

I bet heā€™s holding out for a mill at Richmond.

3 Likes

If the media like his controversial side at Richmond theyā€™re going to continually wet themselves over it at Essendon.

There are some things that you just canā€™t say in public. If youā€™re not an idiot.

1 Like

Awesome player. Want! ShĆ­t bloke. Do not want. Hmmm.

1 Like

He is in the best couple of mids in the game, inside outside, kicks goals and addresses one of our biggest list needs, we can afford him and he is very much the right age bracket. If heā€™s offield behaviour was too much for Richmond they would be using this opportunity to punt him to the highest bidder and be done with him but I bet they wonā€™t, just like they didnā€™t last time he came off contract. We may be foxing but if we are seriously having a crack youā€™d back us in as the football club would be well aware of heā€™s behaviour

Thatā€™s exactly what Richmond did.

Richmond offered him a very average contract, for his ability and potential.
Martin said he was leaving. Even announced he was leaving to the media.
Richmond said ā€˜well f*ck off thenā€™.

He had a look around and no one wanted him.

So he went back to Richmond with his tail between his legs, and got given an even worse contract.

You can look at Martinā€™s performance in isolation to Richmondā€™s and say ā€˜wow, what a gunā€™.
Richmond have been sht, with a sht culture. And awful mental capacity, amongst the players.

You donā€™t let cancers into the club. Especially not on 1.2 mill a season.

5 Likes

Throw a BUDDY DEAL at him and bitchmond will be eating his dustā€¦