Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

Makes no difference, any body hair can be used. Unless he completely shaves his entire body he can’t get around it.

Voss was paid out because his contract was backdated. the general delisting s are club driven.

It should be perfectly possible to fire him for grievances.

That said, I wouldn’t take him.

Fyfe, Matera, Gray. Rockliff ? Who knows any 1 that wants to at our club.
Edwards?

Cousins…what a waste.

China?

He didn’t say we had an interest.

He didn’t say we were interested. He said the list department had discussed it. I imagine they’ve discussed every player who is a free agent.

Our list department has discussed it. No proposal has gone to the CEO, the coach or the board. No approach to his manager. We aren’t saying we’re interested. We downplayed it today.

Of course they’ve discussed it. That doesn’t mean we have any interest whatsoever.

Burgoyne?

Barry Hall worked out pretty well for Sydney.

I supply stationery to a Harley bike shop that has divulged a bit about their ‘social’ events.

1 Like

Had a dream last night that Dusty climbed over my back fence, spun to his fkn eyeballs. I started throwing bottles at him, then woke up.

No more blitz in bed for me.

6 Likes

And he can do that if we play 3 finals matches

He is precisely what we need and I can’t think of a single reason we shouldn’t get him.

6 Likes

We losing Watson, and surely Howlett & Hocking.

Goddard been amazing with clearances but would have 1yr to go max.

Myers is as injury prone as they come.

Bird a ball winner but not damaging with possessions.

Langford has proven nothing at AFL level midfield wise, although building nicely in 2’s. Clarke can get the footy but kicking is very suss.

We have to rebuild inside mid stocks immediately. Martin a contested ball beast with pace & skills, who also hits scoreboard.

Our needs outweigh the risk IMO, and the fact he a free agent costing us nothing via picks or trade of good young players further mitigates the risk.

He’s 25. If we challenging over next 2-4yrs he’s right in his prime & an absolute match winner.

Far safer bet than JOM ever was. Dusty was All Australian last year & on track for it again this year.

If you aren’t taking risks in pursuit of a flag why bother. That was Sheeds mantra. He’d do it.

7 Likes

Enter our saviour: Tom Bell

If Watson, Stanton, Hocking, Howlett , Kelly and Goddard retire( I don’t believe all of them will). Is an even bigger reason we shouldn’t get Martin. To have a playerlike Martin, requires a strong leadership group, and experienced players.

If your going to be letting a cancerous personality into the club, you need strong leadership. Is Heppell ready to come down on a player like Martin, or any other young players that a slowly drifting down a similar path?

1 Like

Hooker, Hurley & Myers say hi. Zac & Joe ain’t no shrinking violets either.

Oh and that Woosh guy is a fairly strong figure.

“Stationery”? Is that what they call it these days?

4 Likes

They always have.

Start Dusty in the guts, then swap him with Tippa late in each quarter.

Well little pieces of blotter anyway.

1 Like