Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

If I’m Zach Merrett, what do I think when my club offers Dusty 1 mil to come play?

4 Likes

You think “Yippee, a premiership”

1 Like

Do a bit of research.

2 Likes

If, after checking out Arden St, weighing up sponsorship opportunities, and considering the privilege of playing in friggin’ Tasmania three or four times a year, Kelly decides that he’ll take the extra money to play with North, then he’s probably making the right decision for both of us.

2 Likes

you honestly think a kid like zach cares what other players are paid?

Just what type of research should I do? like how he came 3rd in the Brownlow last year? Or 7th the year before? Or he made All Australian? Or led the tigers in contested possessions and inside 50’s last year - the very area of the game where we need most assistance.

So he has a crappy haircut, rubbish tough stickers. and what the hell does his dad have to do with anything? Park your biases to one side about the off field Dustin Martin (hell, I will prob agree with you) and focus on what he would bring on field. The club will back themselves in to provide the right environment, and its not like he is in the news already every week for getting into strife.

Perhaps if you had my experiences, you would see it a bit differently.
I’ll leave it there.

1 Like

BJ’s father was in jail for drug issues, shouldn’t we have taken him?

ps i will add i actually don’t want him and would rather Kelly

2 Likes

There’s drafting nice guys, and there’s drafting out and out wankers.

people are so very quick to forget the cousins situation. Apparently he fixed himself off field when he was making an attempt to get back into footy, he changed blah blah.
Despite exhibiting alot of signs that showed he hadn’t, still there were people saying lets take a risk, he instantly improves our midfield.

Some people never learn or change, you have people who are pretty trust worthy on the info they get around here saying he is a cancer that you can’t control.
why the ■■■■ would anyone want to risk our future on hoping he doesn’t get caught doing something really stupid when with us ?
not only does the bad press come with it, you severely restrict your ability to recover from it when 1 mil plus is tied up in said mistake.

Martin will never change, sooner or later he will do something the afl and richmond can’t cover up, I hope beyond hope it’s at another club.

Also you don’t think the media will come after us and worsfold if we do pick him up, you know good old worsfold exploiting again yet another poor lil didums with a severe drug addiction simply cos he can kick a footy.

We have finally after 4 ■■■■■■■ years got our heads back above water will all the negative press associated with quick fixes that don’t work, and people wanna go back to that simply to get an over prices mental midget, simply cos he kick ball good.

Some of you may have enjoyed the constant hounding over the last 4 years, I sure as hell don’t want it to start again cos we pick up martin.

1 Like

I’m not saying Zach does - but I would care. If I’m Zach I’d want the same as what Martin would be getting. How’s that going to go with the salary cap? If I was in charge of list management I’d go with younger stars (kelly, hopper) on longer deals and hope we get value as they improve. Martin probably won’t get any better (if he did, then wow) but he would have to play at a continual high level for the duration of his contract.

The drugs don’t really bother me.

We won’t get Kelly any cheaper than Dusty.

3 Likes

Are you concerned about the biker issues, the drinking issues, the anger management issues? Or is it all combined?

I don’t see him leaving Richmond. Just trying to get the most money he can there.

Yeah not moving much of late

If I wanted to get specific, I would have done so already. I’m not prepared to, and I do have some personal experience with this stuff.
I just don’t think it would be a good idea to recruit Martin to the fold.
Anything else is there if you look hard enough.

Fair enough, I also do not want him.

1 Like

And have to give up 2 first rounders for him

It’s a far more expensive exercise all things considered.

2 Likes

deckham confirmed mafia hitman

3 Likes

I reckon salary wise Kelly would be a bit cheaper. You’d also be able sensibly offer more years to Kelly than you would Martin.

If I had the choice between the two (at the same price) I’d go Kelly over Dusty every day of the week.