Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

I’m not a fan and hope we don’t go after him.

With the changes in free agency, whats the point of targeting Martin this year? I don’t think we’re guaranteed to be contenders for the flag next year and we have heaps of young talent on our list who have huge potential.

There are many young Victorian players that are forced to play up north and out west who will be future guns of the comp that we can lure over the coming couple of years who will be 10 year + players for us when we get them. If we chase Martin then you can kiss them goodbye.

I prefer bringing in the younger talent as they can be incorporated into our culture, not us bend for someone of Martins ilk.

1 Like

I would too if all things were equal but they are not. Both will demand around the same coin but as a FA we give up nothing for Dusty. For Kelly we can kiss goodbye our next two years first round draft picks

1 Like

Ever worked alongside someone who gets paid a lot more than you? It eats at you.

maybe for us mere mortals, but zach seems to be so consumed by how he can help the team win i doubt he’d care too much.

I guess you would know.

Yep, have dozens of people at my work on more than me, some 10 times my amount for doing far less. Doesn’t bother me, if they are good enough to get it good luck to them. As long as I get a figure that I’m happy with that’s fine by me

2 Likes

lol, good for you. How does that make you feel as a provider to your family?

Apparently completely lacks any EI and common sense. We don’t need any more of that after our past our years.
A big N for NO.

Woah.
Srsly?

FFS, …thread is an endless re hash.

lol alright then

Raz is doing well for @Aceman .

his oldest son John Butcher is an abject failure.

4 Likes

He’s a footballer, not the next PM.

Sorry, over my head, no idea what your saying.

Deliberate?

1 Like

$150k a year more than provides for my family considering my wife earns nearly as much as me and our only child is 19 and is a chippy but thanks for asking. If I wasn’t happy with that I’d be looking elsewhere, I know I can get more at rival companies but I like it where I am

7 Likes

Johnny is struggling to get a kick in the SANFL ATM :joy:

1 Like

I didn’t ask that. I asked how it made you feel?

Insufficient effort not to.

I’m content. Love my job and we all individually negotiate our contracts so if I’m getting more or less than other blokes doing similar roles so be it. My contract is up next year and if I’m happy with the offer I’ll stay, if not I’ll look elsewhere. I know some of the other guys can’t handle it and cracks the sulks when they find out others are on more but personally I’m not too fussed

1 Like