Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

Does Discourse allow polls? I think we need a poll.

Poll added to the OP

They should have got Hepps to front the media “Yeah, Nah, Maybe…Good Onya Dusty”

2 Likes

Cheer up Barry.

Discussions are ongoing about the welcome pack.

6 Likes

I am not against chasing big name players, but I wouldn’t go near Martin. Kelly and Fyfe fark yes, but Martin, no way.

I have to assume that your definition of ‘trouble’ is a mouthy kid that smokes the odd joint.
You have no idea.

1 Like

What talk? Has the club said anything? Its all blitzers!

Once again (I’ve stated this several times), ALL HE SAID WAS THAT HE’D BEEN CONSIDERED BY THE LIST MANAGEMENT TEAM! Not that we were even interested. I mean, who wouldn’t have considered it within the list management team - every footy fan has been talking about what it would mean for their club to get him (both bad and good) for 6 months!

1 Like

Get ya head outta the sand, ITS HAPPENING

4 Likes

Can’t wait to explode when he fends off on Anzac Day snapping one from the pocket and goes all Micky o’loughlin on the Collingwood cheer squad

6 Likes

They HAVEN"T said they aren’t interested in him, just that no offer has been formally made. So not sure how you are drawing such a silly bow from that. It doesn’t make them look foolish if they do eventually go after him (which I doubt anyway).

2 Likes

Didn’t Martin knock back an offer at the 11th hour we put to him a few years ago?

Wouldn’t surprise me if we’re interested.

If the fend off is on sidebottom I’ll run on the ground and boof Dusty. Full Homer

1 Like

1.6m? That’s nice amount of cap room. That’s probably the best part of the whole speculation for me.

Put him an Essendon jumper and everyone here would love him. We should be so lucky.

1 Like

Maybe normally.

BUT considering the last 4 years, maybe a little more actual legit info coming out might be handy.

anyway the main jist of my post was, the person who used the damned if you do damned if you don’t logic was slightly flawed and didn’t really relate it’s premise.

I think it was a good thing ONLY if they are legit in not chasing him. if they turn around at some point in the future, they are going to get creamed for it no doubt.
As long as they stick to not wanting or chasing him, i imagine most will be ok with that.

Ox was back peddling today. “I didn’t say they had offered 1.6. I said that’s what it would take”.

3 Likes

I was a no until you said that. Now I’m on board!

Someone is telling porkies. If I was Ralph Clarke, I would get a deal done in principle now with a club or if Richmond are as determine to keep him, drain as much as possible. He is at his peak and the last thing you want is this dragging out and him have a serious injury that could derail this in the second half of the season…

I wouldn’t trust him with anything to do with money.

1 Like