Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

Welcome to Essendon Tyrone Vickory…take that Hawthorn!

1 Like

Soooo, it a no from you?

Do not want Dusty. He can play, but I don’t know how you would rate his off field risk?

If you are paying out massive coin, you’d want to do it to someone with less off field risk for mine.

Besides, Would put the Panic Dollar into free fall.

“I love playing footy here and I love my teammates. It’s not causing an issue in my mind right now. This is my fourth year at the Giants and there will be a bunch of things I will take into consideration but I love it here.”

Not that convincing, though.

Agree - wasn’t convincing at all.
After the interview I actually thought he will probably move.

If he stays put or comes to us he’ll only be playing 22 h/a games a year. Easy money.

1 Like

People are seriously not wanting to pay 2 1st rounders for Kelly if he nominates us? He is going to be a top 5-8 midfielder, got to pay up if you want the best.

I didn’t find it that convincing. Then you have his manager coming out and telling GWS not increase their offer to him. You only do that because A) he is happy with their offer and is staying or B) wants to give GWS time to sign up and allocate money to other players and he is out of there no matter what they offer.
At this stage I lean towards B

1 Like

when a player says I love the club and the boys and just wanna wait until the end of the season to make up my mind… they are fkn gone

Agree with you 100 percent aceman

2 Likes

The only thing that can save him for GWS is them just missing a flag. He might feel there’s unfinished business.
He sounds gone to me though.

During that time we took a chance on
McGrath
Cupido
Neagle
Johns
Gumby
Eades
Sure there’s plenty of others considering we ditched Houli. All were good players just couldn’t crack it, or did it later elsewhere.

To be honest Kelly going so well has actually made it a more difficult deal for North. I actually think the skill in trading is identifying a player right before he blows up. Martin and Kelly are already there. That’s why i like the Hopper idea, Iv’e only seen him a few times but in a game in Canberra this year he did a few small things that made me think, gee this guy will be a gun. Get him now while his price is a bit lower both money and picks wise. In other words i would prefer we take the gamble and get it at a bit lower price than we would need to spend on Kelly.

5 Likes

It’s AFL not rugby, even if a player decides after round 2 he’s going to move club at the end of the season they never say ‘yea I love this club but I’ve made up my mind and I’ll leaving come seasons end.’ They always read the same script and always churn out how much they love the club and will make a decision when they’re ready.

1 Like

That’s because Tony Sheahan, I mean “trade whisperer” read this forum.

We’ve “enquired” about kelly? So have 14 other clubs I reckon.

1 Like

Deckham. Sorry not sure how to quote on this new forum.
I don’t listen to media bullshit about off field stuff as they tend to exagerate anything they can to sell a paper or grab clicks on the net.
But start with behavioral clause in his contract if there are some issues.

Martin dashes around and catches the eye and he gets his 30 disposals a game. But how many of them are effective disposals? I could be wrong but I think he’s overrated.

And also like losing it seems.

Did you watch him vs us on Saturday? Completely embarrassed us.

Would become our best mid the moment he signed.

1 Like

Or, don’t recruit them.