Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

You click the ‘Reply’ word to the lower right of the text box you want to quote. A reply box will open up for you. Once you’ve done that, if you want the quoted text to appear above your new reply, click the little text-bubble icon top left (near the bold & Italic icons).

If you wanted to just quote a part of a post, you can highlight someone’s text, which will cause a ‘Quote’ option to appear. Click on that, and away you go.

2 Likes

Ok, but does that make him no good? Some of the best players in the league have high clanger counts.

Reality is he has what we need: contested possessions.

Two words. Paul Connors. Has played contract games with his clients in the past by holding out. Look no further than last year with Gaff & Jenkins and further back with Hurley, Judd, Danger, Marc Murphy etc. Kelly may well leave GWS but quite frankly, I have NFI nor does anyone else IMO. I think the same thing will happen with GC’s Tom Lynch next contract year as well. Connors seems to like making clubs sweat over contracts with his clients.

1 Like

Looking forward to next year when McGrath is out of contract.

Didn’t realise Kelly’s manager was Connors.
Not quite as keen now.

Mate, I love Merrett he’s a little champion already and will only get better, But Having a Martin standing next to him will take him to the next level, We desperately need a mid who takes the game away from the opposition and Martin can do this, His best is absolutely unstoppable.

Anyway I doubt we get him, I’m just glad we are actually having a look.

1 Like

He wins or turns games off his own will almost every week. He is a sensationally good footballer and basically unstoppable.

1 Like

Fyfe is doing a good job of down playing his value.
throw the money at Fyfe
Let Dockers get the free agency pick.

Fyfes outside game is severely lacking at the moment, He most definitely is not the same champ we know.

Would love him however.

1 Like

I see you mentioned Danger, Kelly & Lynch… i’m reading between the lines of what you’ve thrown down.

Danger, Kelly & Lynch to Dons confirmed.

1 Like

I don’t think GWS would change much, they’ve not missed him one bit, and he’s barely improved a pretty average Collingwood side.

1 Like

I don’t think gws particularly care about losing guns, because they hold so many cards its basically guaranteed that they lose 1 talent for 1-2 potential replacements.

Martin is almost the best player in the game. I love ZM but he has a bit to go to be as good as Martin.

1 Like

Faced the consequences from EFC leadership as well. Guess that’s more a reflection of the RFC group.

Point was, Hurley has moved on from it and has been a strong leader in our team. Dusty could do just the same.

Hurley and Martin have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Their situations couldn’t be more different.

1 Like

I give it a 99% chance they got their info from here.

Which raises the question - is Fog running a double bluff for the club!!! :slight_smile:

Absolutely true. We need to take more risks. I’m still cursing we missed JOM…

My point was the AFL didn’t pressure Hurley’s victim into not pressing charges…

3 Likes

How many bluffs Essendon do?

1 Like

Someone who watches other games and can analyse a players performance - Fyfe’s outside game is almost non-existent.

Good observations Milanista.

1 Like

Until he gets Essingtonned.

1 Like