Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

We should offer 1.2 mil per year… i think Martin is as good as Fyfe

2 Likes

We’re not getting Martin FFS

2 Likes

Tim Watson on SEN this morning suggested that one of the Sydney clubs might be the front runner for Martin. No one mentioned Essendon as being in the mix but Garry Lyon said that it’s the club that no one is writing about that has to be feared by Richmond.

2 Likes

Dogs will have a ton of cap room and they are definitely sniffing around

1 Like

Has Woosha put him on the team whiteboard yet?

Yep - just like Franklin when he left. All the talk was around GWS (and I think 1 or 2 other clubs) but nothing about Sydney. When it happened, even the AFL - read Mike Fitzpatrick - was astounded. For once the AFL didn’t engineer the outcome they wanted (but they banned Sydney from trading that coming draft I think).

If the Tigers are upping their offer at this time of year it might already be too late.

should have put that money down at the start.

3 Likes

IIRC the deal was they would be banned from trading until the Swans agreed to scrap the COLA.

Besides, it’s the AFLs money, not theirs. It’s all sweet, mate!

3 Likes

Is a 26 year old free agent on massive, massive coin really what a potential wooden spooner like North should be doing?

I reckon he’s zero chance of going to North. He’ll have plenty of big offers, can’t see why he’d pick a team just starting a rebuild.

Kelly though…

1 Like

Depends on the cash I guess, it would be pretty hard to turn down 3-400k a year extra.

And if North do get both then they would be climbing, not flag contention but enough to be back up playing finals.

Cant see why? I can. Money

If it was his only choice, sure.

But north won’t be the only one throwing insane coin at him. I just don’t buy that they can throw an extra 300-400k more than anybody else, especially if they also get Kelly.

1 Like

Their not going to be getting both, let’s be realistic. What is realistic, I think, is that someone will offer Martin a extra 300 or so over the nearest offer. That’s what it wil take to get him. over 5 years. 1.5 mil extra, you’d be mad not to

1 Like

He will go there for the “shin-boner” spirit, they don’t have that at Tigerland.

I reckon it is an interstate team. Martin hates the spotlight, and media attention.Adelaide have the money from Danger leaving and are already in contention. Would be a great fit, and the perfect foil for Sloane.

1 Like

Going to Sydney to join Buddy.

1 Like

If you hate the media spotlight, you don’t go from Melbourne to Adelaide. You’re just as big a fish in a smaller pond.

2 Likes

Yep, reckon he’d love it in Brisbane or the Gold Coast…

2 Likes

Who else are North paying?
if Goldstein goes, and maybe even if he stays, they’d have the weakest bunch of senior players in the league outside maybe Carlton. Waite’s out of contract (probably gone), Hansen might well be done too, Thomas is done.

I could easily believe they’d have the most cap space.

3 Likes

Someway, somehow, he’s going to Hawthorn.

You all know I’m right.

1 Like