Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

We have a spare #4 jumper Dusty.

Like a few others having watched him over the last few weeks, he will make a difference.

Come on down.

1 Like

w tf has Hurley to do with it???
do you have a farkin brain?

When he wacked the cabby?

Whacked a cabby???
Are you guys insane? Whacked a farking cabby???
You think that comes remotely close to this guy??

wellā€¦ when you add on the Essendon loadingā€¦

2 Likes

Hurley assaulted a cab driver you halfwit, thatā€™s what he has to do with it. The assertion was that if we had players like Swan & in this case Martin at EFC we wouldnā€™t be able to protect them & they would be in jail. I used the Hurley example to show that we also have players with criminal pasts that it could be said were ā€œtaken care ofā€. I believe ALL high profile people get some level of protection & can afford better justice (for want of a better term) even when charged. What I donā€™t believe is that Swan would be in jail had he played for us or that the police are withholding evidence that would see Dusty in jail but are just waiting for him to be outside the protection of Caro.

1 Like

To be fair, the cabby was a Carlton supporter.

7 Likes

The incredulity from deckham reflects poorly on him.

3 Likes

Martin has been responsible for incidents similar to Hurleys several times, to my knowledge. And some which were more serious.

Martin hasnā€™t even been charged, while Hurley was, very publicly (and rightly). Itā€™s almost like Martinā€™s been protected, isnā€™t it?

And as another example, does anyone really believe that the business with Jake King acting as Vickeryā€™s stand over man was the first time poor little led-astray Jakey has done this sort of thing? The first little toe heā€™s dabbling in the waters of naughtiness? Even though hes been hanging out in this company for what, a decade now? Please. But somehow itā€™s the first time heā€™s ended up in court for it, when heā€™s safely off Richmondā€™s list.

Funny that, isnā€™t it?

4 Likes

Hire a full time fkn babysitter for all I care just GET HIM

But this whole heā€™s a bad egg has been blown way the fark out of proportion. Like, massively. Some of you are carrying on like heā€™s a rapist

4 Likes

Ffs.

Forget him. Heā€™s staying with Richmond.

Fffs.

3 Likes

When did Martin actually punch & kick somebody for asking to be paid? We all know about the chopsticks & threatening a woman but Iā€™m not aware of all these serious assaults you are alluding to. When & where did they happen? If you have some specific knowledge then by all means share it with the rest of us because as it stands it reads like gossip?

Fair call it reads like gossip. I know it does and it annoys me, but theres not much i can do about that without putting my source in hot water. Which Iā€™m not going to do. But Iā€™ve been around on here for a while and i hope people know by now that Iā€™m normally pretty measured (outside the climate change thread!) and donā€™t generally go quite so extreme. Pretty much everything i know about Martin Iā€™ve said in this thread at some point, Iā€™m not sitting on a secret stack of reports with names/dates/locations or anything. If i had more specific info iā€™d share it (after sending it to Dodoro and Campbell first!) but all i have is generalities from someone i trust implicitly who was in a position to know. Take my word for whatever you think itā€™s worth, thatā€™s your decision.

Also for what itā€™s worth, what I know of Martin is mostly a few years old. Itā€™s possible since then heā€™s turned himself around, maybe he grew up a bit or maybe the publicity over the chopstick thing scared him straight. I have no info one way or the other on that. But personally I donā€™t have a great deal of faith at all.

18 Likes

Lawyers can do amazing things, like offer to compensate someone on condition they withdraw charges with a special bonus to keep things quiet. They along with the media can also make the victims life hell, getting into their private life to dig up dirt.

1 Like

What actually has Martin done that was covered up?

The whole chopstick thing got huge media attention and his other incidents got attention.

When heā€™s not wearing a skivvy, he has neck tats !

HM and gossip is like chalk and cheese

Something of an unanswerable question that.

yeah but hurley ONLY whacked a a cabby.

Both Hurleyā€™s assault and the chopsticks were in pretty public venues. That may be the common denominator in being reported on.