Dustin Martin is Chopsticking with Richmond

Probably because nobody gets charged for taking too many drugs in this country. What charge would you have brought against the players? None of our guys have ever been charged with taking recreational drugs either, and I hate to break it to you…

Look, I have no doubt that the AFL covers stuff up for players. Probably far more than I’d care to think about, and sadly much of it is probably sexual assault related. (He says / she says stuff is much easier to make go away than physically being caught committing a crime).

But I can’t buy the whole ‘Oh, he’s at Essendon now, let’s bring up all his crimes and send him to jail.’

The AFL covers stuff up to protect its image, not win Richmond a flag.

6 Likes

Its Australia, the Police decide whether to lay charges (or not), not the victim.

1 Like

But if the victim decides not to give a signed witness statement, becomes vague on the allegations, the cops have little to work with.

2 Likes

thank ■■■■ for that … bullet dodged

“Decide” being the important part there

For police to make said decision, first one needs a person to complain. No complainant, no charges. Secondly even if one has made a complaint, one needs to be willing to give a statement and give evidence. Even if the police are dead set keen, in more of a handfull of occasions the matter will not proceed without firstly a complaint and secondly willingness to provide evidence to the court.

One can make a complaint one day, and withdraw that complaint the next, say when a lawyer offers a large cash compensation for same.

1 Like

Or when a bikie gang member pays you a visit.

Yeah, but Hurley once hit someone when he was drunk

Fev was the same. Carlton had people protecting, supporting and covering for him. When he went to Brisbane, they weren’t ready for him.

3 Likes

C’mon. Brisbane had Martin Pike. They were ready.

2 Likes

Nope, not even close.

They did a sh*t job.

5 Likes

Actually, they really did.

1 Like

Who “really did”? Carlton or Brisbane?

Both

He did a ■■■■ job of being a good person.

2 Likes

I met fev once. I was having dinner in a cafe on Greville st in Prahran. Window seat. A gentleman stationed himself on the other side of the glass and proceeded to urinate all over it.

Charmed.

Also: NOT DONGA.

5 Likes

The Carlton Crew took very very good care to protect their investment as much as they possibly could. There are things he got up to that should have seen him kicked out of footy.

When he decided to d*ck them they dealt with him quietly behind the scenes. TBH, if he wasn’t a public figure he might not have been around for very long.

3 Likes

Heard today from a very well placed source at the Tigers that we’ve offered Martin $1.6m over 3 years. The source also said he will resign with the Tigers for $1.2m over 7 years.

Your source is a bit crap

1 Like