Dyson Heppell

Anyone know anything about his injury? How long is he out for? 

Hird said they pulled him off because they thought he might have a fracture in his foot. Sounded precautionary; So I assume he can probably play if he has to. I'd guess they'll rest him and bring him in for a final if we don't get points stripped.

I was surprised to see that Heppell has laid 74 tackles for the year, behind only Howlett and Hocking at essendon.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't notice his tackling all that often. If he can keep those sort of tackle numbers up, as well as all his other get inside work, he will quickly become one of the best inside mids in the competition.

He mightn't have the pace, but he more than makes up for it with his other attributes.

He mightn't have the pace, but he more than makes up for it with his other attributes.

Agree, and the main attribute that he makes up for a lack of pace is he has the same "time" that Hird, Jobe and Pendelbury had/have.

Agree, and the main attribute that he makes up for a lack of pace is he has the same "time" that Hird, Jobe and Pendelbury had/have.

Heppell is one of my favourite players but he currently does not have the 'time' that those players had/have. 

This is one of those myths that for some unknown reason is starting to gain legs amongst some sections of the supporter base. 

He may develop that awareness and skill in time but right now what he has is basically the opposite of what you are suggesting. 

What is not in question is his ability to find the ball. He would be almost our best at getting hands on the ball behind Jobe. 

What Jobe has though (obviously developed over time) is far better hand and footskills on both sides of the body, Heppell is horribly one sided right now and that combined with his serious lack of legspeed see him under pressure almost constantly. His disposal efficiency is often poor and that is because he does not have the 'time' to dispose cleanly (nor can he make that time right now). 

Still, I rate him as our 2nd best midfielder and in his 3rd year that is pretty impressive. 

Needs to work on his skills though. 

Heppell is one of my favourite players but he currently does not have the 'time' that those players had/have. 

This is one of those myths that for some unknown reason is starting to gain legs amongst some sections of the supporter base. 

He may develop that awareness and skill in time but right now what he has is basically the opposite of what you are suggesting. 

What is not in question is his ability to find the ball. He would be almost our best at getting hands on the ball behind Jobe. 

What Jobe has though (obviously developed over time) is far better hand and footskills on both sides of the body, Heppell is horribly one sided right now and that combined with his serious lack of legspeed see him under pressure almost constantly. His disposal efficiency is often poor and that is because he does not have the 'time' to dispose cleanly (nor can he make that time right now). 

Still, I rate his as our 2nd best midfielder and in his 3rd year that is pretty impressive. 

Needs to work on his skills though.

Errr no! Heppel has time, no doubt about it... Wanganeen was another who had it.
Your other comments have some merit bit he has time and will get better over the next few seasons.

Forget pace if you have two Heppell's in your side, pace is useless without skill just ask Jetta.

Forget pace if you have two Heppell's in your side, pace is useless without skill just ask Jetta.

Jetta has the skill, it's just his brain is farked.

Love him, but needs to work on his kicking.

Forget pace if you have two Heppell's in your side, pace is useless without skill just ask Jetta.

Jetta has the skill, it's just his brain is farked.

I'd love to see some examples of jetta's skill. another myth about him

Pace is not important when your brain works faster than anyone else.

Just ask James Hird....and (as much as I disliked him when he was playing) Greg Williams.

Heppell had all the time in the world when he played off half back.

In the middle he gets his hands on the opposition in tight, hence the tackle count, but he's under more immediate pressure when he gets the ball. He hasn't had the time of a Pendlebury, though at times he seems to play in a similar manner.

He would need height and more muscle to come near Pendlebury. He is still too slight to play at that level, but given space, he makes much better decisions. Eventually, with more strength and experience, he'll get better again.

any update on injury?

scans today.

Hep will be to us what Pendlebury is to Collingwood.

Great skills (well good enough at the moment), smart footballer and one of the very few at our club who works defensively and offensively.

He doesn't have great skills.

He does have a great ability to learn and work though. So maybe he will develop great skills.

He's in my DT grand final team this week. I'm nervous.

Hyson Deppell!! Haha SEN classic 3pm news 

You must be playing no one. Isn't it Prelim this week? And it's DT, you can do 2 trades every week.

Think he will miss 2 weeks.

You must be playing no one. Isn't it Prelim this week? And it's DT, you can do 2 trades every week.

Think he will miss 2 weeks.

Its DT Elite (the draft one). Our league's GF is this week, we started in Round 1.
I can trade him out as there are unlimited trades but the only people still available are a bunch of spud free agents.