“Easy” win versus the Gold Coast Sins - discuss

I just imagine someone/anyone actually playing ON May in the second half.

Last night leaving May unmanned and constantly bombing the ball to him was one of the worst pieces of coach/player logic I have ever seen.

2 Likes

a win is a win

on a positive not (seems wing isnt positive enough for some) the umpiring was better

2000 millimetre Peter

2 Likes

It was a lock.

1 Like

Imagine him fit - his second game back and early he looked great.

I suspect the plan was for one of our smalls to run onto it when it went to ground. Problem was that GC always had extra numbers around those contests so could always apply pressure to any of our guys who managed to take possession, or hack out a clearing kick if they got it themselves (which usually went to one of our guys who were set up outside 50). Or if it wasn’t congested then May would just take the uncontested mark. It was ■■■■■■ frustrating to watch us keep kicking to that same spot, but it’s a great sign that we didn’t get sucked in too deep just to even up the numbers, and it prevented GC from getting clear out the back.

2 Likes

MEAT
PEAT

1 Like

Yes it was ■■■■■■ cold at Carrara

5 Likes

I was at a party last night and could only check the scores via mobile.

I guess I should watch the replay.

Finally watched it: apart from the two disgraceful non holding-the-balls in the last two minutes before half-time, the umps were pretty invisible.

Blitz gonna over-emote.

1 Like

Really feel like I’ve been sold a lie on this favourite Blitz catch-cry !

1 Like

They’re apparently right up there with Carlfog in doing that.

Getting closer though.

2 METRE BIG BOY

2M
WITTS

@scotty21 was exposed as a pedlar of dimensional untruths when we did the livecast last year.

2 Likes

Does anyone else remember when Baguley came in late 2012 and was then cemented in the side early 2013 despite a lot of people hating him?

IIRC, The feedback was that he was slow and does nothing and has no place in our senior side.

Sounds a lot like McNiece, who incidentally doesn’t get goals kicked on him.

I’m by no means convinced by Ben, but give him a few more games because he has done some defensive things that look likely.

2 Likes

I only followed our game last night via the Blitz Game Day thread (admittedly, not a good idea).
I have since watched the replay of the first half.

I was expecting an absolute disaster re McNiece’s game.
So far, I have noticed a dropped chest mark, when he had to reach forward for it because Smack left the kick a fraction short.
AND, a HTB decision against him, which wasn’t awful.

We are dreadfully unfair towards some players, particularly when the side isn’t playing up to par.

3 Likes

I also haven’t watched the game

You deserve a good rollicking for that.