“Easy” win versus the Gold Coast Sins - discuss

A good team would have belted this mob by 80 plus missed opertunity tonight

4 Likes

Only once at home…Only get free Big Macs if you have a home game ticket. Though I suspect Mr Dew has found a way around it…

7 Likes

Well how was I to notice a team would play their home games away from home?

(Two ten goal games at “other” homes.)

Stupid Gold Coast.

1 Like

Not their fault the Government took their ground. I mean the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony was worth all the pain wasnt it?

Happy with any win these days. Good work lads.

You guys realise this is our biggest win of the year right?

11 Likes

There has been improvement but we have still gone backwards

Good point

If we win 12 games, which is a very real possibility, we haven’t gone backwards, even if we don’t make finals.
And we’ve played youngsters more this year than last year, despite the constant whinging about selection.
So this year will set us up better than last year did.

5 Likes

Wasn’t a game we will remember with any great fondness but I was feeling quite content with the result…

Until reading this thread.

I think some people have totally unrealistic expectations of this club and list at the moment. Won half our games but with a percentage below 100 - we go interstate and win by 7 goals (after admittedly not playing scintillating football) … how many times have we lost these in the past? Short memories.

This year is over (and was after the Carlton game) but I’d rather enter 2019 winning games like this with momentum to end the season compared with dying without a whimper (2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 etc) …

8 Likes

Still a wasted year.
We need to stop the denial. We ain’t playing finals, time for some golden handshakes and have a look at what else is on our list.
What good is it doing having Francis not play any football at all this weekend?

16 Likes

Only in my own sense of self righteousness.

I can do that for hours

1 Like

Against 17th in the last third of the season?
It’s a fair question.
As bad as we’ve been against lower teams, I’m still guessing not most, top-up season aside.

I really struggle to watch many live games from Canada. Can someone explain to me what happened to Stewart? Why has he been banished to the VFL?

the conditions prevented it a little I reckon. was very dewy/slippery. side adjusted as the night went on.

did well to kick on with the margin we got

especially with our top 3 forwards out injured and the fourth in a form slump in the twos.

If myers and Langford are the chop out for heppell thats ie exactly where our problem lies.

would love jack martin in our team. enjoyed watching him tonight for the other side.

Take the 4 points and 3rd qtr win

No injuries next the Dockers and then the fun begins.

Still can’t believe the blues game will probably cost us a finals spot and be their only win of the season.

That in itself should fire up the players in the pre season.

Ps yes umpiring also

If we played any other team, it would have been a completely different game.

3 Likes

Crap game, but it is a win. I wish we had our first choice forward line though.

It would definitely be good to see Francis getting a crack at some point.
But apart from him, there isn’t a single youngster ready to come in at the moment.
You can’t just throw them in because of age.

Ridley is well down the last couple of weeks for some reason. Clarke similar since he played his AFL game.
Mutch also not going as well as he has in the past. Besides, the midfield is young at the moment anyway.
No other youngsters are ready.
You’d be doing these guys a disservice to play them at the moment when they’re not at their best.

It’s good to be finding out about McNeice and Long at the moment. The answer for them seems clear but we may as well give them a few more weeks to be sure.

2 Likes

Previous Essingtons would have lost. I’m pleased that despite having a dog of a night, the team ground out a win.

Heppell and Zerrett were outstanding. I really liked Langford and Parish in the second half. Also thought Hurley stepped up in the second.

If Brown and Tippa were armed they would be well within their rights to shoot the team for their delivery into the forward line.

6 Likes