Eddie Park

Etihad is perfectly located, only improvemrnt for me is I’d honestly take the roof off it.

Prefer my stadiums open air.

You can go build your boutique stadiums up ■■■■ creek as long as Essendon stays the fk away from them.

Build a stadium that circumnavigates the MCG

Build a stadium that circumnavigates the MCG
The circum-sized?
I think it's a fabulous idea by Eddie.

Do men still say fabulous

Crazy Bomber does. It’s a heavy cross that he has to bear.

As a sports lover I always get excited about the idea of a new stadium, but can’t see the point of this. Basically we’re demolishing two stadiums to rebuild them again next to each other? Seems an unnecessary waste of money and effort and, though I’m not a big fan of Etihad, that seems a better fit for purpose considering it serves the other side of the city, and has a capacity only 5K less than what is proposed by Ed. Am I missing something?

I might be cynical, but my take on this is that Ed is looking after his Collingwood interests.

■■■■ it. Just build a virtual arena

Is it cynical of me that I look at this and start to wonder what Eddie is trying to deflect attention from? Is something going on at Collingwood that he's trying to distract everyone from discussing?
No it's not cynical of you considering Gary Pert has come out again today, at the same time as Eddie's big idea, to reiterate his warning of three years ago ( about a month before " blackest day..." announcement ) of " volcanic use " of illicit drugs by players in the off season.

Hmmm, interesting!!

Too many problems.

Let’s look at Hisense Arena. This venue holds netball, basketball, parts of the tennis, cycling and some concerts. The time it would take to have it relocated to where Eddie wants it creates a logistical nightmare.

Already the precinct suffers significant gridlock issues with the set-up as it now is. Punt Road and Olympic Boulevard are at a standstill far too much to make it work.

I think No. 5 makes sense. Why not redevelop Princes Park? To make that place work would cost much less than any new development would ever cost. Heck, the Government can come to the party by restoring the train line that used to run at the top of Princes Park itself (and ran to Fitzroy) - to do that would require running a line off the Upfield line at Royal Park.

There is a station at Royal Park. There is absolutely NO parking, traffic is already freaking awful and the ground is awful.

It would only be good if you live in the inner North.

That particular station is too much of a distance to walk to and from.

If the line across top end of Princes Park was rebuilt, the cost of it would be minimal as opposed to another stadium in Yarra Park. The distance to walk to the ground from there is only just a bit more than it is to the MCG and Etihad.

Then Jewell station (1.5km away). It’s still an awful idea. And I live in a location where it’s easy for me to get to it so its not about me.

Do we even need another stadium?

The stadium still wont be big enough to hold ed's ego.

EAD ed.

Bravo, sir.

Is it cynical of me that I look at this and start to wonder what Eddie is trying to deflect attention from? Is something going on at Collingwood that he’s trying to distract everyone from discussing?

Docklands (not the stadium) absolutely died in the ■■■■ after five minutes. The stadium must be annoying hell out of developpers, as you basically mention.

As someone who works in Docklands (my employer apparently got a sweetheart lease deal by developers desperate to get someone, anyone to fill the giant horrible concrete-box office buildings they built there), I suspect developers have absolutely no problems with the stadium being there - it’s one of the very very very few reasons anyone would actually consider voluntarily going to docklands at all…

There is always something sus when Eddie is involved even when he talks sense sometimes; this idea too has too many self serving holes. I heard Nick Prat not too long ago bring up Collingwoods grand idea to build there own stadium. Guess where they wanted this stadium? The sports precinct! Obviously they couldn’t crunched the numbers and have now found there way around it.

Docklands (not the stadium) absolutely died in the ■■■■ after five minutes. The stadium must be annoying hell out of developpers, as you basically mention.

No, it’s not. It’s a stupid idea with no real genuine purpose other than to benefit Eddie and Collingwood.

The sheer proximity of it to the MCG is madness and would make further clog Richmond station, taking all the commuters to and from Etihad games and jamming them in with the MCG crowds. Not to mention a tremendous waste of money when we have far more pressing infrastructure issues.

If you are going to build a new stadium it should be a boutique stadium of no more than 40k and probably on the west side of Melbourne (E-Gate), near established train line infrastructure.

Richmond station needs a renovation, not a complete overhaul. Whilst it would be awesome to re-build it all, it is not worth the money it would cost.

Demolishing Hisense just to build it again is another stupid excuse to waste money.

I agree that Etihad isn’t great, but it is a far better option than plonking a 60k stadium in an already crowded precinct.

Such a dumb idea.

The stadium still wont be big enough to hold ed’s ego.

Awful idea. No5 said it best- in a already crowded precinct- yep lets just another massive stadium right next to it. Richmond station is a joke in its current form. Imagine the chaos with another stadium there.

EAD ed.

I agree, i so want the broady side wing adjacent to the Toorak side.
Don’t know how the 2 Buckley ends would go though.

Ed has some good long-term-vision ideas for Melbourne sometimes.

This is not one of them. Totally unnecessary.

Of course we do darling, stop being such a ninny.

Why build it in the congestion of the “greater” CBD FFS!!! I"d rather spend 0.5 Billion on 2 x boutique stadiums 10 - 15 minute drive/train away from CBD. BTW, train travel is quickly becoming an extreme sport during evenings and families will not use them to go to the footy anymore. AFL need to get their heads out of collective corporate ■■■■■ and listen to grass root fans.