EFC HPC progress

As long as its locked fridges are fine.

The locked fridges are fine, but the new Compliance and Governance Manager (appointed by the AFL commission, ex-GFC and GCFC) got sick of approving keys getting cut so he just hammered a nail in the wall next to the fridge and the key now hangs from it. Plus the last thing Hirdy did before he left was stick a sign on the door of the fridge saying "Don't take anything without asking The Doc first, Sincerely, Dear Leader", but he used a cheap magnet and the sign keeps sliding off the door and whooshing under the fridge.

Not as impressive as I thought it would be.

Locker room looks small and they sound like are going to bring in normal crappy lockers. They could have done it the NFL style and given bigger individualised locker space.

Swimming pool looks like small and and the area looks dark. Could have made the windows bigger and get some sunlight in there.

Only 15 showers? For 45 odd players plus staff. Lot of queuing.

Indoor training area looks good with the basket ball court area.

That staircase don't look particularly well supported.

Not as impressive as I thought it would be.
Locker room looks small and they sound like are going to bring in normal crappy lockers. They could have done it the NFL style and given bigger individualised locker space.
Swimming pool looks like small and and the area looks dark. Could have made the windows bigger and get some sunlight in there.
Only 15 showers? For 45 odd players plus staff. Lot of queuing.
Indoor training area looks good with the basket ball court area.

I think the pool I actually double the size (sideways) than was shown. Looks like there is a wall down the middle but also a gap at each end to allow players to walk around it in the water.
Locker room looks massive, will look better when fitted out.

New video update on our HPC, taken August 14 - basically says the inside will be done in about 4 weeks (nearly due) then the outside cicvic works commence I think need another 4 weeks. Also seemed to mention that the AFL had to certify the centre - or did I mishear?
Here's the link: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2013-09-05/btv-high-performance-centre-update

I think the accreditation was for the synthetic grass in the training hall. He mentioned the rubber going in to absorb the shock from falls. I think Finnis and his minions have to ok it, like they used to have to ok whitten oval before playing there in its last years.

Here's the July 25 update!

And since we now have nothing to compare it to, the previous one (21 June) too:

Did they darken the display settings & post the same picture?

All in all looks ■■■■■■ fantastic. Is it just me or has the Etihad ground regressed back to dirt? Gotta love ambitious project managers; 4 weeks my sphincter.

All in all looks ■■■■■■ fantastic. Is it just me or has the Etihad ground regressed back to dirt? Gotta love ambitious project managers; 4 weeks my sphincter.

They are just trying to replicate the real Etihad no doubt. The complex looks amazing, would love to have a kick on the artificial turf in the indoor training part.  Players will think its Christmas when they come back in November

Here's the July 25 update!

And since we now have nothing to compare it to, the previous one (21 June) too:

Did they darken the display settings & post the same picture?

Well the cars in the gravel car park have moved.

If it doesn't warm your heart as an Essendon fan, I don't know what will....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzDYhqrL3rk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUF8Z00NwEU_EL8iGCvpevNQ[/media]

wake me up I must be dreaming

Agree the pool looks small. The biggest area appears to be the staff terrace and BBQ area, but i'm sure the drug dungeon is at least twice that size. Do VFL games here start next year?

I hope the built an underground car park under the Etihad ground, might as well do it right. :)

Agree the pool looks small. The biggest area appears to be the staff terrace and BBQ area, but i'm sure the drug dungeon is at least twice that size. Do VFL games here start next year?

is that the plan? Hope not. love wandering down to windy hill to watch the 2's. 

I thought the magoos were still playing at Windy Hill.

Not sure the size of the dressing room matters too much. If anything that’s where all the player banter is had. So you dont want it too large.

Last year I went to the Old Trafford football ground, and I was very surprised about how small the dressing room actually is.

As long as the technology is up to date, and the players have spaces to relax, there shouldn’t be any dramas.

I thought the magoos were still playing at Windy Hill.

No idea I just assumed we would play at Tulla. No stands though I guess so maybe you're right.

I'm sure the drug dungeon is underground.... ala Breaking Bad style. Any signs of industrial exhausts???

Also.... instead of having basketball rings... I'd rather the players practice their goalkicking!! :P

Anwyay, the Hangar looks awesome! Would be great to have kick-to-kick on the turf.

If it doesn't warm your heart as an Essendon fan, I don't know what will....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzDYhqrL3rk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUF8Z00NwEU_EL8iGCvpevNQ[/media]

wake me up I must be dreaming

That indoor stadium would be like etihad for dwarfs

Hopefully they're not on fire.... could burn the place down.