EFC the dysfunctional club struggling to find its identity

Leading of with the word Cornes (knowing it’s Kane, and not Graham) makes it very hard to read the rest.
I think the club is taking time to recover from a farked situation, and anyone who thought that would happen in 3 years or so was deluded. 2 players with 2 years each of injury issues contemplating leaving is a reflection on their frustrations at their bodies as much as at the club. I think reading into i the the club is disfunctional is over the top. We have made excellent strides in alot of areas, and my feeling is it will click soon. The club has a plan, and isnt rushing it from what I can tell. We all have seen what happens when its rushed. Richmond may have been seen as dysfunstional 5 years ago too, even less. They stuck to the plan. We will be ok. And F K Cornes

5 Likes

Cornes just says stuff.

Then people in forums base posts around it as their own personal opinion, and hey presto, someone else has done his job for him.

2 Likes

Cornes has too much residual loyalty to a club who coudn’t get its’ act together to attract a decent player from Essendon (or any other club for that matter), but lost decent (and coked) players to other clubs and even shopped around their captain. Maybe if they could manage their finances properly, they may not have such an unhappy list.

1 Like

Yes, I know I’ve been sucked in over the years thinking the list is top 4 material. Seriously, a successful team is more about the collective than individual talent which is on the coaching, player buy in, an engaging work environment… things not present at the club in any real meaningful way for a while now.

Yawn, … Cornes.

Fk off Kane. Go stick your massive head straight up your mate purples arsse.

Thread muted. Not worth the pixels it takes to display it.

1 Like

Some of Cornes’ criticisms seem pretty valid, but I reckon the “dysfunctional” tag is just an effort to generate clicks and headlines.

Separately though, does anyone here read articles by Barrett about Essendon as anything other than piles of capricious, sniping garbage?

Honestly, he’s demonstrated a fundamental inability to write objectively about the club so many times it’s almost reached self-parody.

2 Likes

It seems to be another thing the club are bad at :joy:

5 Likes

Not a go at you foxy but those that point to a poor culture and reference those two show how weak their argument is.

You’d sit down with Cornes and he probably wouldn’t be that bad a bloke.

He just knows now he can generate a living by typing any old muck as long as it gets a response.

So, albeit a large one, hats off.

1 Like

As a club we are far from perfect, but it could be worse, we could be Port Adelaide.

2 Likes

We were dysfunctional last year.

The start to the season

The fitness program

Playing blokes that were so obviously injured and shouldn’t have played.

The Bulldogs loss.

But I hope and it’s a reslistic hope that these were smaller issues that can and have been fixed. Getting things wrong doesn’t mean we are a basket case. We still made finals but it was an ordinary and ugly season. From the outside we didn’t seem to be a cohesive club.

6 Likes

Article highlights some truth, terrible club, can’t even get an exodus right

1 Like

Awesome, we might be the 2nd most dysfunctional footy club in the comp.

1 Like

Cornes. Left the fire brigade. Who leaves the fire brigade?
It’s not even a thing

1 Like

I only know of one, who is the second?

I can’t stand the flog but can perhaps understand why he didn’t last. Some people just can’t cope with certain things

1 Like

Perhaps it’s the people involved in recruiting or development that overate our list seeing as though they haven’t been able to fix the issue in nearly two decades

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’m not sure we are dysfunctional. Incompetent and poor at their jobs most definitely

As a club I don’t think we currently have our head screwed on straight, and I agree that we seem directionless and lost at times. The problems with high performance this year (hell, this decade) are a symptom of that.

I also have no doubt that’s it’s not anywhere near as bad as Cornes makes out, mainly because he is a lying egotistical Hutchy wannabe with an IQ of about 65.

However things aren’t all sunshine and rainbows either. Those saying that things are great because Shiel wanted to come and play for us, or because Fanta seemed like he was going to leave but ultimately didn’t, are just as delusional as Cornes IMO

3 Likes

Where is ASADA when you really need them?!!!

1 Like