EFC Training 22 May 2015

I’ll make this fairly brief. Training in overcast, cool conditions which lasted for just over an hour.

Training was uninspiring with a somewhat low key atmosphere and a number of skill errors. It was difficult to get any sense of urgency for this weekend’s game from what I observed. The talking seemed less noticeable and eventually Hirdy ordered the players back inside the Hangar for what appeared to be a continuation of the session.

The good news: Ashby and Langford undertook modified training but appeared to move freely. Ashby’s shoulder was not strapped and Langford moved at about 80% speed with very little favouring of his quad (he was kicking with both feet). Winderlich trained and looked almost ready to resume. His superior speed relative to others on the list is obvious to all. Pears was back on track and (I assume) will line up in the VFL. Kommer joined in general training and though his knee remains taped he moved freely. Myers came out during part of the session but did not participate in contact work. Zaharakis participated in warm up
drills but then returned inside. No apparent limp and no taping on knee so suspect his ankle is not quite recovered.

Emphasis on ball movement from half back and from centre clearances. Coaches urging players to make quick decisions and get the ball into the forward line as fast as possible. Some emphasis (as you will see from the pics) on third man up option at stoppages with ruckmans path being blocked at the tap out.

Bad news: No sign of Heath Hocking.

…and now the pics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pears back on track

Demps was one to show some enthusiasm and energy at training

Bags putting pressure on Edwards

Harvs stops training to lay down the law - Benny H seems like he doesn’t want to hear the message!

…shortly followed by ■■■■ Dawg not wanting to hear any evil!

Gleeson out positions Cooney as the ball is moved out of defence.

Gleeson unsuccessfully attempts to complete the mark with Cooney threatening the crown jewels.

Bags clearing from a stoppage.

BJ’s oratory never stops!

Belly moving freely but SMACK seemed just as effective.

Myers listens in to a midfield training drill

Jobey goes third man up in a stoppage option.

Hepp goes third man up with Jobey blocking the ruckmans access. Pretty sure this manoeuvre was used against North.

Thanks heaps Karma. Let’s hope the enthusiasm is back on Sunday. Def not easy what the players are going through :frowning:

Thanks Karma. Love reading training reports. Hope they lift for Sunday. Was mentioned in other thread that Smack trained with VFL. What’s your thoughts on his possible inclusion?

Thanks Karma. Love reading training reports. Hope they lift for Sunday. Was mentioned in other thread that Smack trained with VFL. What's your thoughts on his possible inclusion?

Smack was for a short period of time on the “Etihad Oval” with the VFL boys, most of whom then returned to join in training with the main group. Unfortunately, I don’t think Smack will play this weekend though his strength around the contest will have him in the running should any one of the talls falter again. Both Belly and Jake C need to lift substantially this week if Smack is to remain on the fringe. Brisbane have (when playing well) a sizeable group of speedy runners so I don’t think there is any likelihood that Smack would take the place of any of our shorter running players.

…and a pic for the “Faz” fans

Faz: “Hey guys, can I play on your team?”

…and for the Joey fans, he drills one from 45 on the boundary

That 3rd man up. North used it at a critical time on the weekend on our HFF with Goldstein shepherding out Bellchambers and their player coming in and making a tap with no one else contesting. Should have been our free. Instead they took it the length of the ground and I think kicked a goal.

■■■! I love this new Maroon red top!

Our clash top should have the Maroon with the red sash!

■■■■ I want to buy this training top, can we buy it?

Thanks for your reply Karma. Perhaps we’ll have to wait till next year for Smack to become a regular in the side - injuries aside- something to look forward to!

Smack deserves his spot dissapointing, Belly should play 2’s and earn his spot back.

Yep. Bomber shop has them

Thanks Boot, official colour Burgundy!

Thanks for the training report!

Let’s hope they use this stoppage strategy wisely on Sunday

nice report Karma crisp! needs more Tiffany but

…I’ll have to ask Jackie M to conjure something up! :slight_smile:

Daniher clearly an ol’ school footballer.

I'll make this fairly brief. Training in overcast, cool conditions which lasted for just over an hour. Training was uninspiring with a somewhat low key atmosphere and a number of skill errors. It was difficult to get any sense of urgency for this weekend's game from what I observed.
If they play like they train, maybe tipping needs to be revisited? Where's that thread....

Still not sure if trolling…

I'll make this fairly brief. Training in overcast, cool conditions which lasted for just over an hour. Training was uninspiring with a somewhat low key atmosphere and a number of skill errors. It was difficult to get any sense of urgency for this weekend's game from what I observed.
If they play like they train, maybe tipping needs to be revisited? Where's that thread....

Well I watched the whole thing, and I would disagree. I thought it was a pretty normal session. Was actually quite happy with what I saw.