EFC Training 28 May

A short sharp session on the McCracken Oval (MCG Size) in fine but cool conditions. The players went through drills and movement strategies for about 45 minutes before returning to The Hangar for indoor work out of the public gaze!

The training atmosphere was upbeat with plenty of strong audible voices. Emphasis was on finding space moving forward and having a greater number of timely target options through the corridor in the midfield without having to go sideways at half back. The skill level was up substantially on training last week.

The plusses were the sighting of Kommer, Myers, Hocking, Long and Zaharakis all involved in modified but increased training workloads. Additionally, Winderlich continues to move freely at training and looks on the cusp of a return through the VFL. There were no observable omissions from the track although I can’t recall seeing Browne though this may be just an oversight on my part.

Photos to follow which concentrate on track returnees. Nothing to look at for the Ninthmond spies!

Do you recall seeing Wilbur Hams?

Thx Karma.
How did Shaun Edwards train?

Can you tell us exactly what the strategies were and how you think Richmond might counter them?
I’m particularly interested in how the Flying V is progressing.

Now that you mention it HD, no I didn’t!

Thx Karma. How did Shaun Edwards train?

I didn’t think he particularly stood out ST, but it’s a bit difficult to get a read on expectations during such a short session. He was wearing the blue vest along with many of the VFL players who seemed to be in the “possibles” with the current senior team wearing yellow.

Did you look down?

A few pics…
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kommer shooting for goal on the run

Jakey C looking fit and ready to go

Shaun Edwards wondering when his turn will come

Jake Long keeping up his fitness base while recovering from the finger op.

Bugger. Was hoping Doc Reid not mentioning him was a sign there was nothing to worry about (I know, naive).

…and more

Zaka and Heath find training amusing

Davey Myers discusses his progress

Fitness guys getting feedback on Nick’s improvement

Nick looking pleased with his progress

Heath starting to churn out the laps

…and finally

Winders out of jail and ready to return

Eat your heart out as Blitzers find a way to get Dustin & Ken to both autograph the “400” memorabilia!

Did you look down?

Think I may have been distracted by Tiffany walking past!

Oh my god I want one…

Edit: Sadly, I think it would fit pretty well.

Bugger. Was hoping Doc Reid not mentioning him was a sign there was nothing to worry about (I know, naive).

I had a quick word with the Doc DJR but overlooked asking about Hamsy. Was more interested in finding out whether Nick K has been given a bionic knee replacement - Confirmed!! :slight_smile:

Awesome pics and report Karma.

Quick question, EFC don’t list the open training sessions publicly no more, so how do you know when to attend??

Cheers.

please tell me the modified group (including carlisle) weren’t doing kicking drills in farking runners. at least put some grass cats on. ■■■■■■ hell.

oh and thanks Karma, nice pics

Fantastic photos, Karma, thanks.

Thanks for the write up, karmabomber.

Pics don’t seen to be working…

please tell me the modified group (including carlisle) weren't doing kicking drills in farking runners. at least put some grass cats on. ■■■■■■ hell.

Not sure why some of the players chose to train/kick in flat soles. Carlisle was in the main training group.

Anybody got any idea?