EFC Training 28 May

Legend! thanks mate

ROOF CLOSED, training for Jihad
We’re taking it two weeks at a time?
Maybe saves them changing boots when they head inside for training*

*not sure if serious

Saves Hirdy spending too much time as boot-studder.

Pardon me for being rational for a second, but the only logical thing I can think of is teaching them to not rely on stops, adjust thier approach & train them mentally to keep their feet.

Pardon me for being rational for a second, but the only logical thing I can think of is teaching them to not rely on stops, adjust thier approach & train them mentally to keep their feet.

Not the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Thx Karma. How did Shaun Edwards train?

I didn’t think he particularly stood out ST, but it’s a bit difficult to get a read on expectations during such a short session. He was wearing the blue vest along with many of the VFL players who seemed to be in the “possibles” with the current senior team wearing yellow.

Hard to train when you are devo

Especially with a flowerpot on your head…

Homage to hambo for beating me to this.

Weirdest/most racist song ever made:

Footwear? Really? Footwear?

Karma do you think Winders will be in the senior side after the bye?

Is Carlisle gaining confidence at training? He is so vital to our forwardline tomorrow night and will be the difference between the 2 teams

Is Carlisle gaining confidence at training? He is so vital to our forwardline tomorrow night and will be the difference between the 2 teams

Winders looks raring to go. Suspect he’ll be given 1 - 2 games in VFL to assist with game fitness but would expect if his body holds up he will be back in the seniors pretty soon after the Bye.

Carlisle looked ok at training yesterday but I understand he’s recovering from gastro so all things crossed that his body is ready for tomorrow night.

Winders looks raring to go. Suspect he’ll be given 1 - 2 games in VFL to assist with game fitness but would expect if his body holds up he will be back in the seniors pretty soon after the Bye.

Carlisle looked ok at training yesterday but I understand he’s recovering from gastro so all things crossed that his body is ready for tomorrow night.

Especially his legs?

Especially his legs?

I’ll watch for a change in kicking action under this approach!!! LOL

Reminds me of an article I read earlier today

Chris Weidman had the worst first date in the history of first dates

UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman is one of the best fighters in the world. He also has serious bowel problems. The 30-year-old from New York has revealed he spent most of the immediate build-up to his fight against Vitor Belfort at UFC 187 last weekend fearing he’d soil himself.

“I had to go to the bathroom bad,” Weidman told MMA Hour host Ariel Helwani. “I could not believe this was going to happen. I’m going to crap myself in the middle of this cage. I didn’t know, as soon as Vitor’s walkout music came on, was concentrating, all I could think about was that I didn’t know if I should run into the bathroom now or hold it. I didn’t know what was going to happen. That’s really what was going through my mind the whole time walking out.”

Weidman managed to hold on — and defend his title for the third time to improve his record to 13-0. But that story has nothing on the one he recounted last month about his first date with now wife Marivi.

“My first date with my wife is a crazy story … so I go to her house, we’re hanging out. She goes and takes a shower. I was best friends with her brother — my brother-in-law now — he was a wrestler on the wrestling team and I started dating his sister,” said Weidman, during a taping of UFC Tonight.

“So she’s taking a shower and all of a sudden I have to go to the bathroom, number two. And I have an issue — when I need to go, I need to go. I’ll write a book one day.

“Her parents are in the living room and there’s only one other bathroom upstairs and it was their personal bathroom for their bedroom, so I can’t take a dump in their bathroom.

“So I go and knock on Marivi’s door while she’s taking a shower and say ‘Marivi, can you hurry up?’ and she’s like ‘I’m taking a shower’. So I’m pacing back and forth in the room and I start breaking out in a sweat so I go back to the door one more time, ‘Marivi, can you please hurry up?’ and she yells ‘What?’. So I’m back in the room and the next thing I know it’s coming. She’s not going to open the door, there’s nowhere to run … (but) there’s this little office garbage can in the corner. So I’m like ‘this is happening’.
“So I pulled down my pants … and completely filled her office garbage can.

“So I’ve got a whole bag full of s***. I take the crap, wrap it up and go outside past the parents and out where all the garbage cans are on the street.
“As I come back in the house I’ve got her parents saying ‘you stink, Vinny (brother), what the hell you farted.’ The whole house stinks like crap.
“So I go back inside, Marivi’s still in the shower, there’s this crap on the floor now, so I hear her coming out the door, so I take my sock off, throw it on top of the crap, and I sat on the bed. Of course I didn’t wipe my butt. Nothing. Most disgusting feeling ever.
“So I’m sitting there, and she comes out of the shower, and I’m sitting there like an angel on the bed, and it smells, and there’s no garbage bag in her garbage can any more.
“My wife’s like a detective. She looks at me, looks at the garbage can, and says ‘Did you just s*** in my garbage can?!’. “She’s been with me ever since.”

Yes. That. Happened.

Jake and Hirdy were on the track late Friday around 11.00 am after everyone else had gone inside. Hirdy on the wing, kicking to Jake, Jake marking, kicking back or kicking goals and doing contested marking drills. Strange. Must be under the microscope… Saturday night ??? Maybe SMack gets another chance ?

if carlise is any less then 95% then smack should come in.

With Myers and Hocking in the slightly modified group, has Myers been doing any contested work yet or still too early? Wouldn’t be back until week after the bye you would think.

Hopefully can get a run in the 2s for a week and get some sort of match fitness up.