EFC Training Pics 7 August

Hi Blitzers

I’ll restrict this post mainly to a few pics from today’s session as you will no doubt be pleased to hear that our Bendigo Reporter travelled down this morning to give an insight into the boys session and their overall demeanour.

It was a relatively short skills session and lasted about an hour. Lloydy took a group for goal-kicking practice for the last 15 - 20 minutes - these included Joey, Ambrose, Hooker, Langford, Laverde, Dempsey and Baguley.

Now the pics…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Stoppages, tackling, keeping the ball in…Joey under pressure.

Hibbo bears down on Kyle.

Zacha’s eyes pierce the contest while Hooksy makes the breast of it!

Alex breaks away from Hurls and in the process finds his way back into the senior squad!

Harvs lightens the mood at “someone’s” expense.

…and these

During training Fletch noticed Damien Barrett hiding behind the goals netting and gave him an appropriate response…

…and during goal kicking practice Paddy A decided to join him…

…as did Shauny.

…on the other hand, Demps was more focussed on impressing Lloydy with his goal-kicking skills.

Joey also spent plenty of time working on his accuracy.

…while Langford and Laverde continue to impress with their work ethic and their foot skills.

The players trained in cool and overcast conditions at Tullamarine. The session lasted just over one hour.

The focus of today’s session was contested work at stoppages. The players did this in groups of eight (4 v 4). Zaka joined in this drill but appeared to be hampered. Hurley also participated but with right knee heavily bandaged.

The rest of the session focused on set plays from kick ins and boundary throw ins and moving the ball from defence to the forward line using the corridor rather than going wide via the flanks.

Fletch did not participate in the main session but ran laps. He was overheard to say that he is aiming to back for the Richmond game. This means that he will in all likelihood finish a game behind KB. What a pity!

Lloyd Initially took Joe and Dempsey for goal kicking practice. Dempsey was going at about 90 per cent. Joe, however, was only going at about 50 per cent accuracy. Hooker, Langford, Edwards, Laverde and Ambrose also joined in. Langford and Edwards we’re the standouts.

Paul Chapman did not train.

thanks folks, we have been spoilt by training coverage this year. Appreicate your work.

cheers chaps

Nice photo of Langers kicking there, Karma.

Thanks to all. In a ■■■■■■ week, this is very much appreciated.

Excellent work, Karma.

But we’re gonna get belted. Half the list seem to have come down with OrangeEarItus.

.. The rest of the session focused on set plays from kick ins ...
LOL they practice that. We only have two:
  1. long kick out wide to a pack where the ball is marked by the opposition ruckman or crumbed by an opposition player.

2. Short lateral kick to the pocket and then a long kick out wide to a pack where the ball is marked by the opposition ruckman or crumbed by an opposition player.

Quote of the day:

Jake Long- nice hair cut
Courtney Dempsey- ha nice face

Thanks for the pics! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Excellent work, Karma.

But we’re gonna get belted. Half the list seem to have come down with OrangeEarItus.

Ha! I thought, what the hell are you talking about, and then scrolled up and it was the first thing I noticed.

Excellent work, Karma.

Ha, I noticed that too.

I don’t know what OrangeEarltus is…

I don't know what OrangeEarltus is...

It’s ‘man’ stuff, never mind.
We have ‘man stuff’ right?

I don't know what OrangeEarltus is...

It’s ‘man’ stuff, never mind.
We have ‘man stuff’ right?

Whatevs, lol