EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

What have they EVER done that would lead you to believe that?

8 Likes

Donā€™t worry about the surface. Iā€™m sure the AFL will announce that itā€™s ā€œperfectā€ and every AFL accredited journo will agree with them.

14 Likes

Easily, with good service their forwards could really cut us up. We are going to have to clamp down on Gibbs and Sloan.

I donā€™t know of any other major sport that thinks they can replace a third of the ground less than 10 days before the season startsā€¦ I really donā€™t see how it is safeā€¦

Just waiting for the first injury due to uneven ground and/or slippageā€¦

Move it to the ā€œGā€, we will slice them up, and get 50,000 members through the gates.

10 Likes

We apply manic pressure on them for the majority of the game and we win simple as that. We have the team capable of beating any side in the competition. However, do we have the mental capacity? Time will tellā€¦

3 Likes

I did notice in this last game that the team as a whole tried to get a hand in when not in position to mark. Also pressured a whole lot better and harassed the opposition when they had the ball. Wasnā€™t as good as Richmond but at least they seemed to be moving in the right direction. In the last quarter they managed to put Selwood off playing his regular game using this tactic.

weā€™re farked

I wish I could give two likes, only just noticed the stupid hat.

But their coffers exist for the benefit of the gameā€¦

1 Like

Lol, yeah that and the exhorbitant paycheques they all receive.

Iā€™m still p!ssed at that Sydney game at the SCG where the players were slipping over every 30 seconds.

As a viewing spectacle itā€™s ugly and there are no excuses for it.

I am somewhat optimistic about this game. I thought the pressure we brought to the Geelong game was a great sign. Granted we gave away a lot of frees (Farkhead umpire factor didnā€™t help) but id rather see that then a listless effort.

Pressure on the ball carrier is the key to beating the Crows, if you donā€™t do this coming out of our fwd line and especially though the midfield it wont matter who plays down back. We will be slaughtered.

If we can keep the pressure levels and intensity up we are a good chance to win.

4 Likes

See the groundskeepers are still trying to shark up a decent surface after last weeks ed sherrin concert, poor management.

1 Like

Mondayā€™s concert

Pressuring the ball carrier at every opportunity is the way we can win.

Yes, they have superior ball skills.
Its about creating errors from pressure.

Get the ball back, then hope everyone is backing eachother, moving the ball quickly and our forwards are on song.

Even worse.

1 Like

Our only option for ruck was a barely fit Bellchambers who would have blown up late in the first quarter. Jacobs would have pantsed him. I can understand why weā€™d concede the ruck (which we would have lost anyway) and tried to gain an advantage around the ground.

FWIW NLM and Hooker did a better job rucking in that final than Belly did fully fit against Sydney in our last final. 3 possessions and 4 frees against in a full game playing on-ball and some putrid efforts.

1 Like

I agree with what youā€™re sayingā€¦ but Jacobs was playing for Carlton in 2009

5 Likes

Whoops. Was it Maric rucking for them then?

It was Maric.

And Iā€™m very interested to know what advantage ā€˜around the groundā€™ we were going to get? Was Cale Hooker gonna run Maric off his feet so badly, that Maric was gonna be done for?

Or was the advantage of making the late change of Bellchambers out, Michael Quinn in, that Quinn was gonna dominate ā€˜around the ground.ā€™

Literally the dumbest selection decison Iā€™ve ever seen a coach make.

4 Likes