EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

Calling it an “old chestnut” doesn’t make it wrong.

1 Like

My rd 1 side. Barring any more injuries in the next 3 days…

B: Saad - Hartley - Brown
HB: McKenna - Hurley - Goddard
C: Zaharakis - Heppell - McGrath
HF: Stringer - Daniher - Stewart
F: Green - Hooker - Tippa
R: Bellcho - Merrett - Smith

INT: Parish - Baguley - Begley - Langford

Missing from best 22
Fantasia - Ambrose - Myers - Gleeson

7 Likes

shudders

Most remember 2012 for KONY, not us.

not us.

1 Like

Essendon to kick the first goal with the crowd going bonkers.

FFS hurry up Friday

History tells us that the club carefully controls the narrative about players and their fitness. They tell us some stuff, but we don’t know the real story at times. We’ve seen knocks turn into season ending injuries. Players just disappear without any updates about them. All good will lead to rested and then out for a few weeks.
Frustrating as a fan, but that’s been the reality.

6 Likes

I don’t understand why people worry so much about injuries. Good sides cover injuries because the game plan they have in place is good enough.

If we are good enough we shouldn’t have any excuses.

5 Likes

PUMPED!!!

This is true. And that’s why, we here, worry so much about injuries.

25 Likes

lol

I like the direction we are going.

1 Like

I’m sure he will be grateful for the chance…he’s been waiting the best part of a year for it.

2 Likes
5 Likes

That’s why he brought full Langford level intensity and aggression to JLT game 1.

2 Likes

Can we draw attention to the fact that Finding Nino wants Guelfi picked over Langford. WTF

10 Likes

Fantasia out is a bigger loss to us than the other 9 players put together.

15 Likes

The game the side got flogged by 80 points?

Also I don’t get the Crow hate. What could he do about literally any of these? Only one you’d concede is Lav with rumours of tightness. Barnz you said Fantasia too but need a fact check on that I don’t remember anything about that.

2 Likes

He’s probably icthing to play too.

Pick 55 unbelievable

I know this is not the situation but imagine if the whole Francis situation was actually the club hiding him away on a spartan style camp, then they unleash the beast Rd 1.

I can dream.

6 Likes

“So as you can tell, the list is terrible shape. It’s my job to keep them fit and in this video to our fans I’m letting you all know I’ve failed. We’re stuffed this week. Don’t go to the game. It’s not worth it. Lid on.”

3 Likes

Fark me, I thought I was the only one that noticed that

1 Like