EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

On the basis that we aren’t really losing that much by playing:

Hartley/Brown over Ambrose
Dea over Gleeson
Langford over Myers

And that the Crows are both hindered personnel wise but also have a lot of new faces in who werent in their best team last year & are not as good. Whereas our new faces are guns.

Then I think we can win. Will not be easy though.

2 Likes

Before we had all of our outs and it looked like the Crows would be missing a few players I was “OK, we are in with a chance”.

Now that we have some injuries I reckon we will get flogged.

2 Likes

Pick your 22, and then try and work out who your emergencies are.

We are almost into the tail. Wouldn’t want to lose another wicket as it is downhill pretty quick from here.

What a rubbish post. What do you know about the Club’s player fitness management system and what is your qualification? Nothing and none, that’s what.

4 Likes

Traditionally start the season well.
Home deck.
Crows coming off a later start to pre season.
Crows missing 5 from their GF side inc their best tall forward, their best pressure forward (Betts doesn’t apply pressure), their best running half back, their best intercept defender.

We’re missing 1 of our best 12, 2 of our best 18.

We’ve added 3 walk up best 22 players.

If we have improved at all over last year and think we’re any chance of contending for a home final and god willing even winning one, this is absolutely a game we should be a chance of winning.

5 Likes

Ins v outs from last time we’re ahead. Is that enough to close the 7 goal margin, we’ll find out.

Crows outs - ins

Walker - Fogarty
Knight - gibbs
Crouch - yeolman ?
Lever - doedee?
Smith - Hampton?
Cameron - milera?

Our outs v ins

Kelly - bags?
Watson - zerret
Gleeson - saad
Myers - Langford?
Luey - tbell
Colyer - smith
Howlett - Begley?
Lav - stringer
Ambrose - hartley

Dea played last time for us. A few will be playing different roles. We’ll be a very different team

2 Likes

Anybody know how far away Dylan Clarke is?

You forgot Knights - Gibbs for them

1 Like

We’ve lost an opener and 3 night watchmen. We’re 4 for not many but still have the majority of the batting order intact.

2 Likes

A good kicking technique away

4 Likes

Played the VFL practice match against Geelong.

Raz hurts but if we can’t cover a guy who struggled to make any impact last year and Ambrose who is slightly ahead of Hart’s and Brown then it’s going to be a long year.

He’s their only upgrade IMO.

We’ve got a pretty decent young player who didn’t play last time.

Zac something…

1 Like

:joy::joy:

Relax everyone it’s in the bag. Good chance to build the foundations of a strong percentage.

3 Likes

Adelaide Injury list as of Tuesday, March 20
Alex Keath (ankle) – 1 week
Taylor Walker (foot) – 1 week
Riley Knight (ankle) – 3-4 weeks
Brad Crouch (groin soreness) – 6-8 weeks
Andrew McPherson (groin soreness) – TBC
Smith (knee) – indefinite

How did Selwood come to the conclusion ???

" yep, I’ve got time to get on to my preferred side here "

1 Like

The DJR said: 37 Clarke — not sure I saw him have more than one kick (it was OK, with the wind) but was really good inside. His handballs out of packs were influential.

He is a smoky to play and probably will be listed as an emergency. IMO.

1 Like

more a case of having nothing down field to kick to as we’d set up so well behind the ball. The club did an analysis piece on it after the match, highlighting the work our defenders and mids had done to prevent the quick kick out. It meant Selwood had to hang onto the ball much longer than he’d have like and gave Walla the time to pounce.

1 Like