EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

Seems we aren’t the only team who BS the fans in regards to injury.

Crows fans kept being fed B Crouch will be in line for round 2 then bang 6 to 8 weeks.

Dees confident Viney close to round 1 or 2 now it’s 4 weeks.

They don’t like telling people stuff aye.

3 Likes

Secret😉 I do see a fair lot of them regularly

1 Like

I don’t actually see the point of being so secretive about it. I guess while there is a chance they could play soon, they don’t want clubs to know what is or has been wrong with the player just in case they try and exploit it…but apart from that, what is the point of pretending up until selection day that a guy is a chance to play, when they know it’s more likely 6 or 8 weeks.

1 Like

I agree with this. He’s a 50/50 by foot atm, but his inside work is very good.

1 Like

I’m assuming his ability to run out a game in midfield is reasonable as well. He did well in the time trials if I recall correctly. I wouldn’t be disappointed if he gets the nod, but I would be surprised.

“This is me, sleep-walking on the yacht, lolz”

1 Like

Or on the bench, for that matter.

I reckon his kicking is about level with Jobe’s last year.
Come at me.

2 Likes

I hope it’s better than that

1 Like

So Nathan Brown has just tipped us as his Premiership winner for Sportsbet on the Footy Show. Where is the lid off thread?!

Also interesting is that a lot of the sports panelists (on a number of shows) are tipping the Bombers for the win this week.

1 Like

Predicting Green to sneak under the radar with 4 goals

I would be surprised also. Mostly because he’s probably third or fourth in line for a midfield role considering the guys drafted just prior to him.

What I like about him other than his inside work is his second and third efforts. The guy will not lay down for anybody.

His kicking is an obvious concern but there have been excellent players that have gone before him with similar issues.

I will be keeping a close eye on him this year and see how fast he develops.

BRING HIM IN

2 Likes

IMG_6722

4 Likes

1 more sleep!!!

Its ■■■■■■■ Thursday so where’s the ■■■■■■■ team!

getting ready for today’s 11:00am training session

2 Likes

Can we cancel it? Don’t need any more injuries.

(I assume we’ll actually have a Captain’s Run tomorrow, injure four named guys, and be soooooo fined for stealing Langford from the VFL match.)

I reckon today will be the captain’s run.

One year Neil Balme went about 20 weeks saying I think Brad Ottens was “test”,.
As a guess, I’d say a bit of doubt around key players may be intended to keep the opposition coaches guessing.
But I’m not sure they’d be doing much planning for someone like Ridley.