EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

The airport is making that part of the world spin faster.

Come @me flat eathers

1 Like

Crows by 45 for mine

I watched the replay last night and I payed particular attention to McNeice. I thought he was good, directly caused two turnovers through sheer pressure and attack on the man/footy which resulted in goals to us. He also had some poor work defensively but I still think he offers very similar if not more attributes than Bags, he can kick.

My preferred Round 1 team:
B: Baguley Ambrose Saad
HB: McKenna Hurley Goddard
C: Parish McGrath Zaharakis
HF: Stringer Daniher Stewart
FF: Tippa Hooker Green
R: TBC Heppell Zerrett
Int: Myers, Begley (Fanta if available), Smith, Hartley

I think you need the extra tall to deal with Adelaides structure. Or plan to throw Hooker back if needed and take Langford instead of Hartley.

Either way… team looks fairly good on paper. Will look even better if Fanta is available!

1 Like

Did Fanta train?

Fanta stuffed around on the rehab oval for a bit, before seeing the ball come down the ground on the main oval, sprinting into the forward pocket to take a contested mark, turning on a dime and snapping a goal.
Then he shrugged and walked back to the rehab oval.

16 Likes

We are soooooo getting fined/suspended for this!!!

3 Likes

We’ll beat the crows by 40 plus points

He signed a consent form so it’s all good.

1 Like

Seeing and hearing these ■■■■■■ over in Adelaide media all the time I can see a few similarities between them and us in 2000. They were the best side in the comp last year and had one bad day but they are hungry and on a mission. Still a very good core of players and have added a bonafide gun in Gibbs. Very concerned that their midfield will get a hold of us and our backs are very suspect so they have the ability to rack up a cricket score if we don’t lock down on them and allow them space. Only way to beat them is apply manic pressure and cut out their space to run

9 Likes

I feel like teams are going to start working on the Croucheses soon.

Like we did against Geelong for good parts of the game?

Sure they added Gibbs, but they have also lost lever and walker, their two best bookends from last season

Their hardly unbeatable. Jump them early and we’ll roll them imo

1 Like

And Charlie Cameron.

3 Likes

And Riley Knight.

And Brad Crouch

It’s a whole bunch of new players coming in. Some to play roles that they are new to at AFL level

Cameron > Murphy, who is rookie lister likely to replace. On JLT form nowhere near as dangerous

Walker > Darcy Fogarty, 18yr old whose going to get an experienced defender on him, possibly Dea.

Lever > Doedee, great SANFL form but yet to debut in AFL, not at same class as Lever

Knight > Sam Gibson, NM reject, good honest toiler but not great disposal

BCrouch < Gibbs, upgrade there

We should have improved significantly. They will have come back to the pack a bit.

Going to be far closer game than most would give us credit for. Hopefully we can snag a win!

4 Likes

We’re gunna win, aren’t we ?

4 Likes

…and they don’t have Neil Craig any more either.

2 Likes

9 Likes

My Sons 7th Birthday…come on dons make it a cracker

3 Likes

So this sounds ■■■■.

1 Like