EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

I’d like to see a new video clip with Wilson,Barratt, Vlad and Gil all doing an Acapella version in Gimp suits.

Well didn’t most of the AFL community believe that Raz wouldn’t make it and now look at him

All starts in the midfield. Belly needs to crack in hard against jacobs, and it least 50/50 the Contest. Myers/Stringer/Heppell need to pull a finger out early and extract the ball from the stoppages.

If we lose the stoppage, we need to pressure them so we have a chance to win back possession in defence, other wise we will be opened up.

All the forwards need to hit the scoreboard early to put pressure on crows and hopefully they buckle and we get a % boosting win like the Tigers.

We dont have anyone who can tag, Bar goddard. So goodluck if they get on top of us in the middle, we could get slaughtered.

Playing at Etihad helps us, I would be more worried if it was at Adelaide Oval.

If we are sending Hooker back, the game is probably over and we are trying to limit the bleeding %.

Essendon captain Dyson Heppell has called on the red and black army to turn Etihad Stadium into a fortress opposition teams fear.

The Bombers have revealed a new look pre-game schedule for the 2018 season and want fans in their seats by 7:30pm to play their part in the lead up to the game.

Heppell said the players feel the energy of the crowd and has urged fans to be loud and make lots of noise to build the atmosphere in the stadium.

“It’s enormous, we get a massive buzz off the crowd,” Heppell said at the league’s Captains Day at Etihad Stadium.

“I think we’ll have a massive turn out here round one against the Crows, so get down there Bomber fans.

“I’d hate to be playing against us when we’re here to be honest.”

You don’t have to wait until the first bounce for the fireworks to begin, with plenty of exciting entertainment pre-game to prepare Bomber fans to FLY UP.

The club will celebrate its astonishing comeback victory over the Crows in the 1993 preliminary final by showing a full replay of the classic win on the big screen prior to the match.

Essendon will also honour its first Bomber Legend of the year, so keep your eyes peeled on essendonfc.com.au to find out which former Bomber it will be.

The Bomber Legend and head coach John Worsfold will also take part in Q&As, and Essendon’s pre-season highlights will be shown.

A huge crowd is expected to fill Etihad Stadium next Friday, so fans are encouraged to purchase tickets and arrive at the game well in advance to ensure they don’t miss a minute of what is sure to be an exciting start to the season.

ROUND ONE COUNTDOWN TO FLY UP:

5:30 – Essendon Club Hub opens

5:45 – Gates open

6:00 Re-live the ’93 preliminary final comeback win against Adelaide on the big screen

7:30 – Ready to launch. Bomber Army in seats.

7:35 – Prepare to FLY UP into 2018

7:36 – The Mighty Bombers enter Etihad Stadium

7:37 – Woosha Q&A

7:39 – Enemy approaches

7:40 – Pre-season highlights

7:42 – Bomber Legend honoured

7:43 – Bomber Legend Q&A

7:44 – Final team line-up

7:47 – Coin toss

7:48 – Bomber Legend fires up the air raid siren

7:49 – 60-second countdown to launch, wave your scarves and make some noise

7:50 – FLY UP!

1 Like

If I dont actually fly at 7.50PM next Friday I will be revoking my membership. Sick of this club making promises it cant keep.

10 Likes

I hope the pitch-correct the sound, given they’re showing the FULL replay in less than (probably much less than) ninety minutes.

1 Like

The AFL told me players may not train or do anything on the ground until 11 minutes before the bounce. That means both teams must enter at the same time for it to be fair, or one or both must freeze as soon as they break the banner. In this case it looks like we enter early, spend a minute breaking the banner, then sit on our hands for two minutes. Then Adelaide come out on the 11 minute mark and therefore miss the start of warmup. Winning.

The solution, of course, is to record new versions of the themes that last one second: that way the teams can come out near simultaneously.

100% agree with this.

Could become a new TV show.

1 Like

I just quietly wonder if it wouldn’t be better to leave Worsfold the hell alone in the lead-up to the first game of the season.

Let the man concentrate on the game at hand.

1 Like

Our 2018 theme song. Much the same I think?

http://m.essendonfc.com.au/video/2018-03-16/our-2018-club-song

Think I’d prefer;

6:00 - first drink
6:30 - second drink
7:00 - third drink
7:30 - fourth drink
7:40 - Into my seat
7:50 - Bounce - get revved
7:51 - first profanity yelled
8:22 - Blind

19 Likes

First drink at 6pm?! Pacing yourself?? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve taken a day off work so I can head into the city early. I’m so excited for it. Hoping we can pull off a win, would do wonders for the teams confidence (and watch the membership numbers sail past 70k too!)

2 Likes

Only way to beat any team better than us.

Tigers arent the best/most talented side imo, they just applied exactly what we are proposing what is needed against Adelaide, to Adelaide.

And many other sides throughout 2017.

But of course in the end they are deemed the best side as they won the flag.

Richmond will be hunted this year, as is always the case , until some other side becomes the benchmark of the competition, then Richmond will become just another club in the competition.

1 Like

Acz[quote=“Aceman, post:192, topic:12389, full:true”]
Seeing and hearing these ■■■■■■ over in Adelaide media all the time I can see a few similarities between them and us in 2000. They were the best side in the comp last year and had one bad day but they are hungry and on a mission. Still a very good core of players and have added a bonafide gun in Gibbs. Very concerned that their midfield will get a hold of us and our backs are very suspect so they have the ability to rack up a cricket score if we don’t lock down on them and allow them space. Only way to beat them is apply manic pressure and cut out their space to run
[/quwearsote]

You lost me at the second sentence. Adelaide were not the best side last year. They were a good side but far better at home than away. You’re right in saying pressure will beat them. That was the case last year and it will be the case this year. It’s the case every year, as a matter of fact.

Who was the best side?

Are we going to have the good air raid siren back?

2 Likes

can someone tell me if the replay is available except if recorded through Foxtel

ROUND ONE COUNTDOWN TO FLY UP:

5:30 – Essendon Club Hub opens

5:45 – Gates open

6:00 – Re-live the ’93 preliminary final comeback win against Adelaide on the big screen

7:30 – Ready to launch. Bomber Army in seats.

7:35 – Prepare to FLY UP into 2018

7:36 – The Mighty Bombers enter Etihad Stadium

7:37 – Woosha Q&A

7:39 – Enemy approaches

7:40 – Pre-season highlights

7:42 – Bomber Legend honoured

7:43 – Bomber Legend Q&A

7:44 – Final team line-up

7:47 – Coin toss

7:48 – Bomber Legend fires up the air raid siren

7:49 – 60-second countdown to launch, smoke a fat blunt and…

7:50 – FLY UP!

1 Like