EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

Pelican pls

2 Likes

Razā€™s op wasnt a sructural op so maybe theres less risk to play himā€¦ A win against Adelaide would be huge.

1 Like

Have to admit while a part of me is looking forward to the season starting, another part is not ready yet for the emotional investment and inevitable disappointment every second weekend.

37 Likes

Yep it was ITB which is apparently just friction of a ligament in the knee rather than an actual injury.

If thatā€™s been freed up. Itā€™s nothing more than him needing swelling to go down from the op and the wound to heal which I imagine would have been keyhole surgery anyway.

No real risk for him outside of not having enough running loads behind him, Iā€™d trust Crowey to ensure he good to go. Would be amazing if we can get him in rd1 as he is a match winner

1 Like

how bad could it be? not like weā€™re gonna get relegatedā€¦

That is so true. Add to that the mood swings that mirror wins and losses.

At least we can invest in

Meter
Peter

And Hodge gifs

2 Likes

Those losses that can wreck not just your wkend but your whole week.

5 Likes

like every year, at this time I should start taking bets on what the most used excuse will be if a loss occurs.

Iā€™m guessing,
ā€œitā€™s only a meaningless preseason gameā€ till still get a run for a little bit.
" you donā€™t win premierships in march" will be another
ā€œwe played a grand finalist from last year, cut us some slackā€
ā€œit was a one offā€ or whatever long winded variant people will come up with.

I guess we will be finding out how much of the preseason was rust, or how much of it was the status quo continuing.
If they get up for a win, the just rust theory will be more valid IMO.

If we lose, well damn, watch that excuse machine hype into overdrive haha.

1 Like

Recovering from minor knee surgery

Yeah nah would not risk a trip to Perth.
At best round 3 or 4.

Joelā€¦35 possessions playing with his happy paddle and ball on the boundary line with his aeroplane making Rrrrr sounds while drooling with his head wrapped up in bandages and a nail sticking out the side.

Every second week? Why are you so lid off?

1 Like

Holy sh*t, itā€™s this week. This week!

Footy is back.

11 Likes

coraggio

7 Likes

Popped by the Essendon grounds (here now) and Fantasia is training. Didnā€™t run laps with the rest of the boys though.

Colyer walked by speaking to one of the staff, said heā€™s moving unassisted now and feeling good.

18 Likes

Sexist, Misogynist, Disrespectful, Insensitive ! AFLW started in February.

4 Likes

Koby Mutch? he is supposed to be ready to rock and roll.

Heā€™s out there. Off with a smaller group - Green and Joey are with him too. Looks good!

1 Like

So are you saying the best players are the best players?

1 Like