EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

I agree with you… but Heppel just said Redman along with Dea are possible Gleason replacements.

Did not see the Redman line coming

1 Like

Photos from yesterday, showing that nine days out they’d only started a small portion of the promised stripping and replacement:

Close-up of the wing near the interchange bench — there are dozens of patches like the one shown at the top where the stands were pushed out for AFLX (and concerts?)

It’s no Colac, that’s for sure. Please let all the injuries be to Adelaide players.

1 Like

What a f@rking joke

2 Likes

I agree that this isn’t a win for us. But would Melksham even get a game for us as a half-forward?
And I’m pretty sure Redman is contracted til 2019.

1 Like

Will McNiece and Baguley play in the same side?

yep, the 2s when we have a full list to choose from.
ps I love bags & hope he steps up again as he has for a few years now.

This is an absolute load, btw.
They’ve only played in the same game twice - Eddie kicked 3 & 5. We go berko when Bags coughs up 3!!

3 Likes

McNeice, despite being a locked-in-All-Australian-superstar on blitz, is a long way behind Bags. L

11 Likes

They already have, along with Francis. We won.

1 Like

It’s interesting that the coaches picked him ahead of Bags for JLT2 though. It’s hard to imagine Baguley being picked ahead of McNeice in Round 1, although there is always a chance Bags come in for Gleeson, although I think it’s unlikely.
Will be a very interesting selection next week

3 Likes

Even accounting for hyperbole, not sure anyone has ever said anything close to that

1 Like

We don’t do mcniece any favours playing him on medium forwards. Menzel on the weekend, Hannan against the dees. Can’t remember who he had on Anzac Day but it wasn’t Elliott (bags) or Fassolo (hurls).

He hasn’t really displayed the confidence to demand the ball and go for his kicks at senior level yet either. Something he’d want to do pretty soon as 26 year old rookie. He has an absolute Lazer in his foot when he goes for it. Needs to get bold

3 Likes

Stab at the team:

FB Baguley Hartley Dea
HB Saad Hurley McKenna
C Zaharakis Heppell Goddard
HF Stringer Daniher Tippa
FF Green Hooker Stewart
R Bellchambers Smith Z Merrett
I McGrath Myers Ambrose Parish

E Begley McKernan Langford and who the fk knows

If Hartley is in the 22 we are in big trouble. Unfortunately he is not up to senior football

You’ve missed Parish. Swap him for Langford and you’ve got, from the cats game

In - Hartley, bags, dea

Out - Gleeson, mcneice, begley

Which I could live with, but I reckon they will definitely play mcneice

You’re right I did miss Parish. And he’s in my dream team so that’s concerning. Amended

You really think they’ll play McNiece over Dea? Surely this scenario with Gleeson being injured is exactly why we kept Dea on the list. Good solid defensive depth.

No I think they will play dea, I’m not sure if they will play bags, or Hartley. That article on mcneice seemed to me that their pumping him up to probably play him

1 Like

Its an official training day today at 9.45 hopefully we can get some kind of report.

Training in cool, overcast and gale force conditions, despite there not being a zephyr of breeze anywhere else in Melbourne this morning.
Joe and Hooker and Draper had thirty seconds comprehensive goal kicking practice before joining the main group.
Every shot missed except the last by Daniher, a 65 metre kick off one step without looking that sailed through the sticks goalpost high.
Some quick and close handball drills that were skillful and boisterous enough.
There was a slight concern when someone handballed to Goddard while he was pointing at someone else, but there seems to have been no harm done.
Hurley ran laps while the rest of the group practiced transitioning the ball from the backline to a shot on goal which none of the players actually bothered to take.
I had a quick chat, and he assured me his wrist is ‘fine.’
Play was stopped when Longy copped a blast for not being switched on after a standard drop punt under no pressure meant for a player thirty metres up the ground actually dribbled five metres and went out of bounds.
Longy then returned the ball to the coach with a searing kick that never got higher than two metres off the ground and hit the coach precisely in the nuts.
Much laughter ensued.
Zerrett raised his hand and left training early with some sort of mystery complaint.
I was informed by one of the staff that he has a bit of a cold, and I believe him despite seeing Zerrett leave the premises in a wheelchair with someone trailing an IV drip beside him.

31 Likes