Egan departs

He’s replace Brett Allison as Head of Development.
Melbourne have three other guys as ‘development’ coaches with McCartney being one of them. He’s also a strategist as well.

Seems like a good setup.

I will go full fark carlton if he pushes them to pick up a heppell or holmes

I don’t understand peoples problem with Egan going to Melbourne.
If you are after a certain type of job, and a mate is in a position to offer you one, why wouldn’t you take it?
Seems sensible to me.

I don't understand peoples problem with Egan going to Melbourne. If you are after a certain type of job, and a mate is in a position to offer you one, why wouldn't you take it? Seems sensible to me.

Reminds me of the time a mate in the ■■■■ industry asked me to be a fluffer.

In the end i was stiff to miss out.

I don't understand peoples problem with Egan going to Melbourne. If you are after a certain type of job, and a mate is in a position to offer you one, why wouldn't you take it? Seems sensible to me.

This. The only hope I have is that he doesn’t use his knowledge and relationships to draw some young players to Melbourne that we are developing.

Personally I’m more disappointed in Essendon not being able to keep him than Melbourne getting him.

Personally I'm more disappointed in Essendon not being able to keep him than Melbourne getting him.

What, so we should have sacked someone we had contracted because Egan decided way too late that he wanted a different role?
Spare me.

This is the BB thinking - Create a new job because x is a good person - Out of touch with reality.

Personally I'm more disappointed in Essendon not being able to keep him than Melbourne getting him.

What, so we should have sacked someone we had contracted because Egan decided way too late that he wanted a different role?
Spare me.

You can be disappointed someone leaves the club without having to fully flesh out the club org chart first. We’re fans, not employees.

This is the BB thinking - Create a new job because x is a good person - Out of touch with reality.

Egan is a good coach you Muppet don’t give a ■■■■ about him as a person

I think the concern is that Egan’s departure was apparently because he wanted a different role (not necessarily club) – but he doesn’t seem to have got that at Melbourne.

Also, HepA.

I’ve got no issue with someone getting a promotional position at another club. I just get p*ssed off when our ex-assistant coach gets a head coaching position then decides to poach our other coaching staff, players and back room staff.

It happened at Fremantle with Mark Harvey.
It happened at Western Bulldogs with McCartney
It’s happening at Melbourne with Goodwin.

I’ve got no issue with someone getting a promotional position at another club. I just get p*ssed off when our ex-assistant coach gets a head coaching position then decides to poach our other coaching staff, players and back room staff.

Port & Choco

Mmm that’s actually a nice combination

I am a muppet because there is no job for Egan. Grow up.

no you’re a muppet because you post the same ■■■■ about ‘oh hes a good person must be given a job’ like you did in the dempsey thread.

no you’re a muppet because you post the same ■■■■ about ‘oh hes a good person must be given a job’ like you did in the dempsey thread.

Check your reading comprehension. I never posted that Dempsey should be given a job. In fact I posted the opposite. Which is similar to what I posted about Egan.

To be fair - it happens with everyone at everywhere.

Which of our coaches have used their contacts to get us someone an AFL side wanted to keep?

We have only poached from lower grades, from non affiliated sides, which isn’t poaching at all. Like Raz from Norwood or Pig and Bags from Frankston.

Which of our coaches have used their contacts to get us someone an AFL side wanted to keep?

We have only poached from lower grades, from non affiliated sides, which isn’t poaching at all. Like Raz from Norwood or Pig and Bags from Frankston.

Do you know about all the west coast players who are jumping ship to come over to Tullamarine?

Do you know about all the west coast players who are jumping ship to come over to Tullamarine?

No, but I can’t wait!

Hang on a second, are these the ones West Coast wants to keep?