Egan VFL coach

We have good news and bad news. Egan to coach VFL. Skippy line coach for the AFL side.

Whats the bad news??

I’d rather not see Skip coaching AFL. Even as a line coach.

Will be a good development opportunity for Egan. Possibly strengthening his claims for senior coach post Worsfold.

Well given that Skippy was already our midfield coach for all practical intents and purposes, that is fair enough.

And Egan in charge of the magoos is great imo.

We have good news and bad news. Egan to coach VFL. Skippy line coach for the AFL side.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-11-05/egan-takes-on-new-role

Great news for our VFL side and youngsters- I’m sure Egan will do a great job

As for Skipworth…

Is that considered a demotion?

Good move for EGO’s development.

I reckon he’s gonna end up a senior coach one day.

I was very impressed with his caretaker stint, and he’s very young in coaching terms.

I like this.

That’s an interesting question. It probably would be a demotion moving to a standalone or affiliated VFL club, but to me VFL coach is probably the most important development coach in a wholly controlled VFL club like we have.

Fair enough. An AFL coach really should have run a high level secondary team on resume.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-11-05/egan-takes-on-new-role

Great news for our VFL side and youngsters- I’m sure Egan will do a great job

As for Skipworth…

Yes, all those clueless people at the club, are clearly unaware of your valuable well informed insight & have promoted him into the senior coaching ranks in spite of all the Skip haters.

That’s an interesting question. It probably would be a demotion moving to a standalone or affiliated VFL club, but to me VFL coach is probably the most important development coach in a wholly controlled VFL club like we have.

Not a demotion from Egans perspective. It’s what he wants, & is a logical step towards becoming a senior coach.

Not a demotion from Egans perspective. It’s what he wants, & is a logical step towards becoming a senior coach.

If it was just VFL coach, then that could be a demotion. But not coupled with head of development.

Just wanting to know what is the knock on Skipworth? A lot of people here don’t seem to like him, is it anything specific? or just a general feeling?

S**** me how people seem to be experts when u comes to others.
Very few, if any around here would even know Skipworth and how the playing group respond to him.
I guess the club knows better than blitz.

Good luck Skippy.

Ego is definitely heading in the right direction.

Just wanting to know what is the knock on Skipworth? A lot of people here don't seem to like him, is it anything specific? or just a general feeling?

It’s not a lot … just a few, & it would seem they have no idea. What could they know?

Well given that Skippy was already our midfield coach for all practical intents and purposes, that is fair enough.

If that was the case WTF was Harvey doing? Wasn’t the midfield his line?

Great result for the VFL side.

If that was the case WTF was Harvey doing? Wasn’t the midfield his line?

On paper yes. He’s only there because he’s an Essendon champion. Should be moved on.

Munna, I will have a go at answering this…

I believe the ‘knock on Skip’ (and I have felt like this at times during the season) is, the consensus being that Skippy is simply tactically inept. I haven’t got evidence for you and I can’t remember a single instance to enforce my feelings but yeah.
Just felt like being a keyboard peanut.