Eight children found dead after Cairns stabbing

The local paper up here made it a point to mention that this wasn’t an act of terrorism on their website.

God bless the Aussie media. Farkwits…

Find the person, torture them, torture them some more and the let the injuries help them die. Disgusting!

I think if it is more than 4 then it’s considered a massacre?

Quoted Post

First Australian massacre (technical term) since Port Arthur?

I guess we’ll now need to be more specific when bragging to the US about not having mass murder in Australia since then.

We’ve had a few other massacres since Port Arthur, the Quakers Hill nursing home fires, the Childers backpack fires to name two.

Very sad, very gut-wrenching.

A reply to: @Sosa regarding QuoteLink

We've had a few other massacres since Port Arthur, the Quakers Hill nursing home fires, the Childers backpack fires to name two.

Childers was a massacre?

A reply to: @Riolio regarding QuoteLink

We've had a few other massacres since Port Arthur, the Quakers Hill nursing home fires, the Childers backpack fires to name two.

Childers was a massacre?

Fifteen people died.

Those poor innocent kids. :frowning:

Childers was a massacre?

Fifteen people died.

Massacre implies intent.

God, what a horror show. Poor kids.

there is no hope for humanity.

I am just speechless. What have we come to…

Quoted Post

■■■■ this world. Seriously

Nothing more to say.

It takes some effort to stab eight people to death. How the fark did they even follow through with it?

I’m off to check Rupert Murdoch’s twitter feed…

Quoted Post

Manoora is known as a no go area for "whiteys", one of the most dangerous places in all of Australia

You can’t help “those” people if they don’t want to help themselves

yeah yeah rayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyycist i know

Essentially how the MSN site reported the incident, basically implying that this was clearly race/socioeconomic specific and not normal for affluent white Cairns. Another news service thought it prudent to specify “not terrorist related”.

Regardless, this will shock Cairns for years to come. There have been various tragedies occur here over the journey, but seeing it is possibly also the worst event in national history, this is something truly awful. There can never be a satisfactory answer to why this would happen, what could make a person commit such an act…it is beyond reprehensible. Beyond comprehension.

Quoted Post

Childers was a massacre?

Fifteen people died.

Massacre implies intent.

I’m pretty sure the guy who lit the fire intended to kill people. Or at least knew it was extremely likely that people would die.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Childers was a massacre?

Fifteen people died.

Massacre implies intent.

I’m pretty sure the guy who lit the fire intended to kill people. Or at least knew it was extremely likely that people would die.

arson attack, so massacre http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Australia

My point exactly.

Back to the thread topic, it really is difficult to comprehend something like this happening. I mean, there is so much we don’t know and I can’t even begin to imagine… just awful.