Eight children found dead after Cairns stabbing

Quoted Post

A reply to: @Sosa regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @Riolio regarding QuoteLink
We've had a few other massacres since Port Arthur, the Quakers Hill nursing home fires, the Childers backpack fires to name two.

Childers was a massacre?

Fifteen people died.

Massacre implies intent.

Robert Long deliberately lit the Childers Hostel fire and was subsequently sentenced for life imprisonment for murder and arson. That’s enough intent for me.

I’m telling you. Humans = nastiest species on earth.

A reply to: @benfti regarding QuoteLink

All from the TSI, so this one will get swept under the rug.

8-| Why do you feel the need to make a comment like that. Whatever race they are from whatever country on earth, this is just incredibly sad.

So the reports this morning indicate the police believe the mother did it and that she is mentally unstable.

And there was a 20-year-old sibling not home at the time. With a 34-year-old mother?

Now saying that she’s a 37yo. It’s not like the media to get things wrong though without checking their facts first isn’t it?

Extremely sad set of circumstances and difficult to judge the mother’s motives at this stage without the facts being known particularly if mental illness is a factor.

Far too many people falling through the cracks in the mental health system.

A reply to: @tinhillterror regarding QuoteLink

I'm telling you. Humans = nastiest species on earth.

There’s a lot of cynical comments like this, but how incredibly rare are events like this. What happened here says a lot about the mental state of the person who took their lives, and absolutely nothing about people generally.

A reply to: @Incoming! regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
A reply to: @Riolio regarding QuoteLink
We've had a few other massacres since Port Arthur, the Quakers Hill nursing home fires, the Childers backpack fires to name two.

Childers was a massacre?

Fifteen people died.

Massacre implies intent.

I’m pretty sure the guy who lit the fire intended to kill people. Or at least knew it was extremely likely that people would die.

arson attack, so massacre http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Australia

Ahh, I was misremembering. Corrected.

A reply to: @Windy Dill regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @tinhillterror regarding QuoteLink
I'm telling you. Humans = nastiest species on earth.

There’s a lot of cynical comments like this, but how incredibly rare are events like this. What happened here says a lot about the mental state of the person who took their lives, and absolutely nothing about people generally.

Agreed. And infanticide is extremely common among other species.

the mother has been arrested

Nothing to be alarmed about. Just an Aussie bogan probably on drugs type of massacre.

A reply to: @Rocky IV regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @benfti regarding QuoteLink
All from the TSI, so this one will get swept under the rug.

8-| Why do you feel the need to make a comment like that. Whatever race they are from whatever country on earth, this is just incredibly sad.

No doubt, it’s the most tragic thing to happen in Australia in some time, but…

This thread a good gauge. 8 TSI children brutally stabbed 50 posts.

My point is this situation doesn’t fit any agenda that will focus the median attention

We will be hearing about Sydney siege for years. The government will go nuts on defence allocation.

Meanwhile poor families. Brought to the brink… I don’t want to think about it.

These soughts of things, as well as indigenous and youth suicide will increase at a far greater rate than deaths by terrorism will in this country.