Electric Motor Mowers

I have the Stihl RMA 460 or something.

Struggles in the wet with long grass, but what lawn mower doesn’t.

Take 2 cuts and no worries, battery last long enough, quick charger available as well.

Also run the line cutter and getting a chain saw eventually - mainly for camping no trees in my yard.

Happy with the range but can’t say I’ve used other products for comparison

Edit- its supposed to be a mulcher as well, which I haven’t tried yet - as dry wood blunts the blade something shocking. So if anyone has tried this, appreciate your feedback

Anything with a (healthy) Honda 4 stroke.

1 Like

Surprised you didn’t just counter with the ride-on

A helicopter flying upside would have no problems cutting your lawn with the rear rotor trimming your hedges at the same time if flown carefully… A Chinook would do it in half the time.

2 Likes

Well, it’s about “Mowers”, and as much as I love my Honda 4’s and older B&S 4’s on them over the years, … I’d still love to get my hands on an old Victa Utility 2 stroke (pre plastic Carby), … those things could cut through anything,… and you could literally throw them around like you could a 5 year old kid. Loved them.

I did buy a Vintage (1980’s)“Greenfields” Ride on for $80 a while ago, and have pulled it apart and cleaned everything,… just need to track down one pulley and put it all back together. Can’t wait. They are fantastically solid and simple units.

My dad had an electric lawn mower when I was a kid in the 70’s. No batteries - it had a power cord a mile long. He kept it in the laundry and for some reason he always revved it up in there at the end of a morning’s mow (very loud!). I never found out why.

Thanks for bringing back the memories!

I was went to Bunning to buy a Victa, really liked the look of the Ryobi, but the Ozito was half the price and red and black.

The Bunning guy said it was good value, but I got it, mostly for the colour. It cuts long grass well and runs for about 40 minutes before it needs a charge which takes about 30 minutes.

The Ryobi looks good, but only if it was red and black.

5 Likes

1 Like

Yeah, it was also about “electric” mowers but that didn’t seem to matter…

So are you saying I should spray the Greenfields “Electric Blue”, … interesting thought … :thinking:

I have no idea what your talking about

There’s a reason Ozito is half the price of other brands…

2 Likes

The miser pays twice

1 Like

If anyone equates restoring, or rejuvenating proven, extremely long lasting, pre “Built in obsolescence” perfectly built machinery as a hobby, as miserly, … let the fools and their Money regularly part, and also gagf.

The miser reference was to buying cheap imported crap from Bunnings and having to replace it

Goodluck to you if you have quality equipment Personally i prefer to go without than buy cheap crap that ends up in landfill

2 Likes

This is what I grew up with, and I was happy.

And then Alan Moffat ruined it all…

Apologies. Miscontrued.

I’m using an $80 electric corded Westco.
Fukenall it’s tedious to use.

Might be time to upgrade to the wiz bang Ozito :grin:

because it is red and black ???

1 Like