Elimination Final v WCE: changes, speculation, optimism and outright fear in here

We’ve got nothing to lose

All the pressure on WC
Nobody will give us a chance

We can do this

12 Likes

The Good

• Won 2 of our 3 games at Optus Stadium (including 2 of our last 3 at any venue against the Eagles)
  • Won our last 3 games interstate
  • Played one Elimination Final in Perth in our history with a 100% record (44 point win against the Dockers in 2003)
  • Won at the ground only a week ago
  • We will be given absolutely no hope whatsoever by the football public (At least $6.00 outsiders)
  • Quality inclusions to come back (Heppell, Hooker, Stringer, Fantasia amongst potentially others)
  • Have never lost a final against West Coast (5-0)
  • Plenty of fantastic red & black support in WA and we should have strong crowd support
  • Most of the other finals teams will want us winning so West Coast are out of their way
  • What can Worsfold bring to the table against his old club? Premiership captain and premiership coach. I reckon he’d love to wreck the party.
  • If this playing group has any heart whatsoever, they are going to be reminded of their poor finals record continually across the next couple of weeks. I hope it hurts and I hope they want to rectify this with the proper intensity for this game.

The Bad

• Eagles on the rebound. They will be stung from missing out on the top 4 and probably heavily criticised in their local media during the week.
  • Hometown umpiring… please no Dean Margetts.
  • Eagles easy 35 point winners in our only meeting this year. The final margin though could’ve and probably should’ve been at least 70 points though.
  • Flog crowd support - “BOO!”
  • They are the reigning premiers and won’t want to exit the finals in Week One.
  • Please don’t bring Naitanui.
12 Likes

If we cop Thursday I’m gonna spew

1 Like

In: Z. Clarke, Myers, Baguley, Long

14 Likes

we’re f ucked, thats all i have to say

1 Like

I don’t mind this- the boys could go over and spend a few days together really getting ready mentally. Reckon we can get the win if we’re really switched on.

At least the players are going there absolute underdogs, we usually sh-t the bed when we’re expected to win.

1 Like

Get on the ■■■■ at Hookers winery like they did prior to the Freo game last year?

4 Likes

Can we get sheedy to do the pregame, 1/4, half and 3/4 time speeches?

4 Likes

■■■■ THEM

1 Like

These are the one’s we win.

We’ll be given no ■■■■■■■ chance. Zero pressure

3 Likes

He should give a speech to the maggots as well, about how fairness and sportsmanship is better than corruption and cheating.

21 Likes

One minute to go, walla bursting down the wing, kicks a loooooong chissler to SMACK who gets out the back on McGovern who proceeds to flop to the ground like a fish whilst smack unloads a torpedo into the swan river winning our first final in 15 years and beats his fkg chest like an ape and give it to them eagles maggots like micky O’loughlin did them years ago

ITS TIME

55 Likes

Has a club ever gone into a final as big underdogs as us.

Literally it mayaswell be Gold Coast v West Coast that’s how much chance we’ve been given by all and sundry.

20 Likes

Great out of likes again…again

2 Likes

Ah well. I’ll wait for the truth thread

1 Like

My (and @ruxpin’s) son was born on the 21st of June 2018. The day we defied the odds to beat the Weagles.
We took him to his first (and so far only) game this season at the G against Sydney and we won.
Happy to put him on a plane to Perth as a good luck charm.
@ruxpin is feeling confident.

19 Likes

So…Dean Margetts huh…

Why does Smack have cerebral palsy?

2 Likes

Footscray would have been massive outsiders when they went there in 16