Elimination Final Viewing in Melbourne

This has sold out unfortunately, if anyone was wondering.

whoops.

The Rose in Fitzroy was once a great pub, owned and run by wonderful publicans. Was my regular for 15 years. Started going downhill when management changed hands in 2011, and got steadily worse. The renovations haven’t helped. These days it’s generic, noisy, soulless, and sterile. The Royal Derby around the corner goes alright.

1 Like

Yeah, was very noisy when I was there last. Lost all its character.

I had friends who used to watch footy there, and watched a few games with them. They were part of the cricket team, as well. Was a good joint.

I like the Royal. Have watched a few away games there. Still a few good pubs in Fitzroy. I like the Union.

1 Like

*used to be. What’s happened to the Rose is one of the great travesties.

Tend to watch footy at the Birmingham or the Marquis now, marquis is smaller but an awesome front bar, can be packed with trendy folk mind you. Birmingham just has everything on.

1 Like

Met some fantastic people at The Rose, some of whom I still drink with. I also had a couple mates play on the cricket team. The regime (now also gone), that took over from Tony and George didn’t seem very interested in looking after the regs. As a result, we/they moved on. A great pub ruined by bad management and poor PR.
The Union is a great pub.

The Marquis is good on a warm Saturday arvo, never watched footy there. Seen a few games at The Birmi.

I know there was a meeting on Monday (I couldn’t attend) am not aware if anything was organised.

Supporter group days have been at the Newmarket pub, perhaps give them a call. I am watching from home as I have a 60th to attend this afternoon/evening, if all goes well for us, I will be late to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Will be at the peacock from 4ish this afternoon.

@Zimmer @wimmera1 and anyone else that wants to come along

Appreciate the invite, but I’d be a menace.

I’m hosting