Elimination Final vs Footscray - Sunday 3 September 2017 @ North Port Oval - 83 unpaid tackles

Morgan isn’t a lost cause

6 Likes

Absolute bull crap! Robbed us!!

Dont mention Kobe high right at the end.

What an absolute ■■■■ stain of a game Aussie rules is

1 Like

Pretty putrid quarter and a half or so cost us.

At least our better players were mostly youngsters: Mutch, Draper, Langford, Morgan’s best game

2 Likes

At least this club is consistently disappointing at all levels.

2 Likes

Game looks over we go long and score.
We’re back in it we kick dinky little chip turnover kicks.
Frustrating as ■■■■

Saw that one - he was just brushing some grass off his opponents back - that’s all he was doing. Nice of him.

Same way we rested Smack in the game last year.

What cost us was not playing 4 full 1/4’s of football but going to sleep for the 3rd and most of the last until it was too late. Maybe the effort of the last few minutes could have been applied a little earlier?

4 Likes

Disappointing to lose it. Unfortunately their senior players just seemed to do enough. Boyd x 2 and Clay Smith were very important in the 2nd half. Smack did his best to get us over the line but some absolute brain farts cost us.

1 Like

Could have had Darcy’s mate Mathieson for either of those two.

Morgan showed promise today I thought.

I’m not sure what some people were watching

11 Likes

Lacked the intent to take the game in the last quarter. Spent the first half chipping around the boundary for no result. Finally when it was just about over we moved it through the middle with pace and started kicking some goals… terrible last quarter really.

Someone posted the pic on Facebook - ball clearly hit the post. Should have been a throw in.

1 Like

To be fair it was a farking ■■■■ idea to switch the play put Dea under heaps of pressure and had no options forward of the play

Just a player IMO, solid at most things with no real tricks. I’ve seen him 5 times this year struggle to impact a game.

He may survive this year but a few have already gone past him as afl prospects.

Yep, that was appalling. Was happy to let him stroll by

I doubt that he’s fit enough.

The majority of Footscrays team were AFL players, so I’d assume the intensity was taken to another level, plus it’s a final.

His mark in the last was not something I was expecting to see from him. Think he will get one more year.

Mathieson aint that good. I’d rather develop the ranga

Who Darby?

1 Like