Elimination Final vs Footscray - Sunday 3 September 2017 @ North Port Oval - 83 unpaid tackles

Yeah, that’s the frustrating thing with Langford. Does enough to get you interested then doesn’t really do more when he should and often stuffs up the easy stuff when under little pressure. When we were good so was he, but when the pressure came he disappeared for long patches. When we came good in the last 5 minutes, there he was again. When he plays well and puts the effort in he makes a difference, he just doesn’t do it well enough for long enough.

Concur

Not in Q4 we weren’t. It died down again for a decent chunk of it.

Mutch high free kicks: 1 too few.

When the ump bounces then instantly runs twenty metres away from the huge pack, you’re pretty much guaranteed a mistake.

2 Likes

Some people are miserable.

The, “yep same result next week” lol.

I want to win next week. But if we lose to Swans by 5 pts, who I think are the best side, I will be gutted. But I will be proud.

You guys are sad sacks.a

12 Likes

I think the problem is that our VFL side keeps making the finals but never winning them and that gets boring after the 5th time.

1 Like

Yeh I get that. We should have beat them last year as well!

But c’mon…someone has to call this BS out .

4 Likes

I agree with you but didn’t want to say anything because I get attacked for being too positive these days.

So is it more exciting if we miss the finals altogether?

Not for me, I was talking about all the people he was referencing in his post above mine.

I am delighted to make finals.

Show me the evidence why we will win next week.

I hope we win. I hope we win the premiership.

But my confidence levels are in the gutter for our club to win just one final.

The problem is that was very dissapointing. We only needed to play 5-7 mins of decent footy in the last qtrs to win. And couldn’t.

I am very disappointed.

But the extrapolation into complete misery and how we are gonna lose next week etc etc is just…

Nothing wrong with differing opinions, would be a waste of a message board if we were all of one mind.

1 Like

Didn’t we win one last year? And two the year before?

Sure, we haven’t won a flag but we’ve been fairly close. That’s impressive for a side that has been affected by the saga quite significantly.

EDIT: I’m not picking on you IT, it’s more of a general comment towards the gloomers.

3 Likes

Cheque’s already in the mail DJR.

1 Like

We probably won’t win mate. swans are my premiership favourite. But I’m not spending the next week whining about the final next week we are likely to lose.

I’m farking pumped we got there and get some finals experience to launch into 2018 with a farking promising list albeit one missing a mid or 3. And I’m holding some hope that if we can play well (we haven’t for about 6 weeks) we are a dangerous side to play and can cause headaches.

3 Likes

If you have to take a step backwards to go forwards so be it. We continue to make the same errors so someone has to pay the price. Broom through the players and a fresh overhaul of the coaching staff would be as good as place as any to start

The VFL side has won more finals than the senior side in the last 12 years.

At least we can say the game followed the form line - Every game against the Bulldogs has been a 1 goal game - Overall disappointing year from the VFL who should have made a preliminary with that list - Resting Brown augurs poorly for Hartley.

The other thing already mentioned is that we clearly and rightly gear for the AFL team.

Having the 3 not play this week cost us that game. No doubt.