Elimination Final vs Footscray - Sunday 3 September 2017 @ North Port Oval - 83 unpaid tackles

Bundled out by Footscray 3 years in a row though FFS

ā– ā– ā– ā–  here come the he is ā– ā– ā– ā–  calls

Just the last 2 years
We knocked them off the first time then lost to Willy

2 Likes

@theDJR

Sorry, that was me stalking you on the bus/train.

Disappointing we couldnā€™t get the job done today but thanks again for all your work this season bringing us your live updates and commentary. Always a chance to go a few better next year and we hope youā€™ll be there again to tell us about it.

8 Likes

What exactly do you mean by a broom through the players though? I think most of us expect the following to all go: (On top of Watson, Stanton, Kelly and Eades already going):

Bird
Hocking
Long
McKernan
Jerrett
Morgan
Howlett

Thatā€™s 11 list changes which is a fair bit so Iā€™d say that is a broom.
Do you think there should be more?

It would also be surprising if there arenā€™t at least 2 coaching changes

Bird and Howlett might stay based on that turnover

Seems awfully conservative.

Seems dumb actually.

1 Like

I agree. And if we pick Heath Hocking I will be dead set farking ropeable.

Nearly as ropeable if we picked Laverde.

I like Morgan, there is something there to work with, for what the first time this year was pushed forward a lot more, and had an impact.
Why it took til the first final I donā€™t know, but he is worth another year.

Anyone saying they donā€™t see it with Francis needs their head read, talent to burn and no reason to worry. Will make anyone who writes him off look foolish, and very quickly.

6 Likes

I would stop short of saying Redman is ā€œtoo good for this levelā€ but you can tell heā€™s ready to make the next step. Itā€™s time he gets a chance to sink or swim at AFL level - want to see him playing Rd 1 2018.

3 Likes

I bet a few of them stay on next year which makes my point valid. We are too weak to make hard calls. All of those on your list should probably be moved on aswell as some coaches

Went to the game today, few random thoughts

Why werent brown, loony and hocking playing?

Saw goddard there, hartley( drinking a can of VB lol 99% positive it was him), parish was there( has a smoking hot gf)

Mckernan was good

Francis looked pretty good, then didnt see him towards the end, was he injured?

Dea did ok

Draper looks like he could be a good player

Long shouldnt be on the list next season, saw him squib a few contests as well

I forgot how average Oā€™brien is

Good crowd there, lot of bomber fans

We had a really strong breeze in the last qtr and kept on going short and turning it over when we should of gone long, thrn went long when we should of gone short

I was behind the goals at the end we were kicking to in the last qtr, so couldnt get much of a read on the middle of the field

Lowlight of the day was picking up a footy in the warmup to give to the kid next to me and then copping a ball straight in the sack from about 50m out from a player having a set shot

7 Likes

Ummmmmmmm

11 Likes

Long squibbed contests? from the stands?

4 Likes

Must of been morgan then, i thought he looked a little different lol

Im glad i got to see stanton in his last game as well

Well done on a great career Stants

12 Likes

Well hopefully theyā€™re all gone. Maybe Morgan is an outside chance to get one more year

From what I have seen of him, he looks closer to a pick 36 than a 6. I know the bigger players take longer to adapt to AFL pace, but I just canā€™t see him breaking into the senior side regularly in 2018ā€¦and then what?!

His silk with no killer instinct, until he brings this to his game he can stay in the 2nds. You donā€™t have to be in the ones to develop that part of your game. Howlett was outstanding, everyone cracks the saids when these guys get games over Langford. But they get games because they are simply better players and are not as good yet. If they are as good they can get a game, if not they donā€™t simple as that.

Mutch on the other hand gets better and better, is great inside and outside the contest.

Yep, that sounds like Morgan.

If it was Hartley maybe heā€™s done for the year.