Elimination Final vs Footscray - Sunday 3 September 2017 @ North Port Oval - 83 unpaid tackles

Those two unpaid marks to smack near three quarter time. Farking cheats. I gave them a spray at three quarter time. Maggots.

1 Like

Well the chips were bl00dy hot!

2 Likes

C’mon! The first one he never looked like controlling. The second one was 50/50 at best

2 Likes

Second one was a mark everyday of the year. Just that the Bulldogs player got a hand on it right at the end and the ump thought well I won’t paid it.

Can testify to this. Was sustained and very loud. Probably convinced them not to pay those two frees in the closing seconds.

4 Likes

Oh man, and Footscray having 19 players on the field and everyone but the umps (including the one on the bench, who clearly is deaf as that was one of the few times in the first half that any great crowd noise occurred) noticing…

1 Like

Yep
Really liked what I saw with Redman as well as Mutch and Draper (reckon we got one here)

Also thought Morgan, bar one fk up was really good today too

Which makes the way we shot ourselves in the foot in the last even more fking depressing

1 Like

Stats up on footy live app:

O’Brien 25 disposals, 2 tackles and 1 goal (apart from the goal, I thought he was terrible)
Langford 23, 7 and 1 goal
Mutch 23, 3 and 1 goal
Bird 20 and 3
Dea 12 and 1
Howlett 18, 11 and 1 goal
Redman 18 and 4
Heppell 17 and 7
Morgan 17, 3 and 1 goal
Stanton 17 and 8
Clarke 14 and 6
McKernan 14, 3 and 3 goals. Plus 12 hitouts
Draper 11 and 5. Plus 49 hitouts
Francis 8 & 3
Ridley 7 & 5

Edit: Worth noting that we had 3 of the top 4 disposal getters on the ground, so it was a game for low disposals

1 Like

Oh i forgot to mention big fan of redmans game. Look ready to step into the team next season

Sam Draper. Well done lad. Well done.

7 Likes

I was listening in on the SEN app in the car and their boundary rider was saying the wind had dropped off in the last quarter.

Very disappointing.
Had about $700 on us too. FML.

Stants was tearing up coming off the ground and in the rooms. A true bomber champion. Sad ending for him.

13 Likes

Morgan didn’t squib, quite the opposite actually. Redman squibbed a couple of times, Langford couldn’t take a mark and Smack kept taking marks and the ump wouldn’t pay them.

1 Like

that goal umpire should never get another game, the field maggots should never get another game, and nick O’Brien needs to go back to Ballarat.

1 Like

I’d love one or two of the older guys to hang around and play a year or two of VFL.
Probably won’t happen though.

2 Likes

Yes I was at the game on the hill, and the wind definitely dropped off in the last quarter, instead of it being a 4 or so goal advantage, I would say it was only a 1-2 goal advantage. Spewing! But still should have won.

2 Likes

l noticed him do something similar, in the preseason comp that caused me some concerns.

I liked the look of Redman, I hope to see him step into Kelly’s position next year.

If Hocking, Howlett & Bird go, I’d be looking at Peters, I like the look of him, he is really strong.

Darby will get Rookied by someone.

That’s one of the first times I’ve seen Morgan really use his pace, he needs to work on his strength, but I think today was a good step in the right direction.

I saw him squib a couple, one bad one on the half forward flank where he needed to body line the ball

Langford looked good too in patches