Elimination Final vs Footscray - Sunday 3 September 2017 @ North Port Oval - 83 unpaid tackles

AFL Statement:

It has recently come to our attention that Hawthorn were inconvenienced in some way.

As consistent with long-standing policy, the AFL Condemns any action which is, or could be perceived as, inconveniencing The Hawthorn Football club or any associated players, officials or entities to be abhorrent. As such we have taken immediate measures to correct this abhorrent event.

Player Tyrone Vickery will now be suspended for 5 matches, thereby given Box Hill Hawks every conceivable chance of success, as we deem them entitled to.

The AFL will be making no further statements on this issue.

5 Likes

I watched on TV, definitely thought the umpiring was way better than AFL however as others have said, a lot of HTB and a few others missed which should have been paid.

The main difference was the lack of hearing umpires talk non stop like they annoyingly do in AFL (perhaps just due to the lack of mic?) - I still canā€™t figure out why they yap all fkng game, reminding players of the rules all gameā€¦ Surely players know the rules? Just let them play and pay frees if the break the rules.

4 Likes

Also, I did my back in, AGAIN, during half-time kick-to-kick.

FFS.

I thought I was the only one.

Honestly AFL house is lucky itā€™s the best sport on earth. Because fark me they do their very best to fark it up all the time.

Assclowns

6 Likes

Hope itā€™s not too bad, and youā€™ll be back kick to kicking before too long.

Thanks for all of your work with the VFL threads this seasonā€¦ Iā€™ve made it to only four games this year (Sunday included), and have relied on you to keep me involved with the rest.

You do a great job.

9 Likes

Would like to echo the above post. Love your work, DJR. Thank you!

4 Likes

Again and again. Thanks for all your efforts.

4 Likes

x1.

Itā€™s not even the dedication and passionā€¦which by the way, are damn impressive.

Itā€™s the quirky brilliance thatā€™s totally addictive.

Now being dedicated, passionate and quirkily brilliant would be a stretch for most, but to manage all that whilst typing on a phone at a rate at 80wpm with 98% accuracy, frankly deserves a medal.

Or at the very least to never have to buy a drink at any event where more than three Blitzers gather.

10 Likes

I dont usually have good things to say about umpires but I agree that they did well in this game.

VFL Mad Monday has come and gone. Now its time to think about possible list changes and maybe we need to trade DJR while he still has currency.

Hes a good player but he is off injured more often than Gumby, like the VFL final, he came on the ground at half time and got injured again. He turns up for all the VFL games but spends more time on the pine than on the field.

Alternatively we could leave him on the list for next year cos hes a good communicator, a leader and a popular figure in the locker room. After all. We are Essendon.

3 Likes

I missed the game as I was OS. Could anyone provide a link to, or location of a replay?

Thought Redman was good in final, also thought Morgan should have squeezed into the votes as well, regardless of his last turnover. Morgs finally looks to be running at full pace and showing that dash and spring that I saw at TAC level. Showed his great foot skills on both feet also. Would love to see him play on a wing or even hff.

We have to be patient with him as he has had a bad run with injury. He, as well as Redman and Francis are capable of being good Afl players.