Elimination Final vs Geelong, 2:40pm Saturday 3 September at North Port Oval

Enjoyed a great day at the game today. Can't wait for a replay (also looking forward to a game of spotting myself on tv behind the dons goal, going off in the last)

Any idea whether our game will be on the Saturday or Sunday arvo?

Was that you up the hill a bit jumping up and down?

Think i was one of many doing this in the last

Can’t wait to watch last half I recorded yesterday. Cracking final qtr by all reports. Junior Hepp by sounds is all hype and no chance of being picked up. Too slow and terrible skills!!!

Darcy alteady signed 100 autographs and 100 photos his partner for the day Gach is 0 -0

My son got a few including Gach… he needs more practise. Needs to also look less surprised

That was such a great game to watch. So much better than most of the crap-style afl matches these days. Did not notice too much kicking backwards and actually the maggots let the game flow most of the time. When we play man on man we seem to play really well. Our pressure in the first and last quarter was superb.

Not calling lots of frees it what makes vel so watchable, in the heat of the moment you could get frustrated but overall just love the ‘play on’ attitude!!!

Geelong VFL ‏@GeelongVFL 3h3 hours ago COCKATOO! A huge goal from 50m out, and a great Cocky celebration to boot! GEE 97 ESS 75 #PJVFL

Should read goal to soft outside pack dweller and down hill skier who doesn’t like contact and great wanker celebration off course.

Enjoyed a great day at the game today. Can't wait for a replay (also looking forward to a game of spotting myself on tv behind the dons goal, going off in the last) Any idea whether our game will be on the Saturday or Sunday arvo?
Was that you up the hill a bit jumping up and down?
Think i was one of many doing this in the last
I went all spinning jumps (at the other end) when Holmes goaled. Luckily no one was walking past behind me at the time!
So much man love for Jamar. He was immense today, as he has been all year. Desperately need someone to give him some kind of chop out though and we needed another target up forward.

Why didn’t grimley play?

How far away is Gach?

They mentioned on TV that Crowley and Grimley were advised they won't be signed up for next year so both were happy to make room for younger blokes.

Just some stats for those interested:

Heppell - 28 possessions, 10 tackles, 6 inside 50’s
Hams - 22 possessions, 5 tackles, 7 inside 50’s, 2 goals
Polkinghorne - 22 possessions, 5 inside 50’s, 4 goals
Jamar - 10 possessions, 53 hitouts, 2 goals
Redman - 20 possessions, 4 inside 50’s, 1 goal
Francis - 10 possessions, 6 marks, 4 inside 50’s, 2 goals
Dobson - 21 possessions, 7 inside 50’s
Holmes - 15 possessions, 3 goals (1 OOB)
Coughlan - 17 possessions
Edwards - 20 possessions, 5 inside 50’s
Long - 15 possessions, 5 tackles, 1 goal
McKenna - 16 possessions, 1 goal
Kommer - 19 possessions, 4 tackles, 1 goal
Jerrett - 12 possessions, 2 goals
Ashby - 10 possessions, 4 tackles
Morgan - 11 touches
Wallis 8, Micheal 6, McNiece 11, Ferry 16, Langford & Heavyside 9 each

Geelong looked a bit light on for depth, from what I saw on show yesterday.

God damn it. You can’t keep it a secret any longer, so I’m gunna say it…

HeppA certainly improved his selection chances with that performance. I hope we can list him and keep him at Windy Hill with his Bro, I think they are pretty close to each other.

The ruck is a genuine worry, especially with Minson a possible opponent next week. Interesting to go with Langford in the ruck over Sam Michael, not sure it was the right call.

Anyone know if there is a replay available?

You dont often see a ruck annihilation/master class in a final. ( 50+ hitouts, most to advantage) Either Geelong came very very seriously undermanned in that area, or the Geelong ruck guys had already heard about the mad Russian and started rushian in the other direction. ( sure looked that way) Geelong did seem to have some big units on the field taking marks around the ground but they were useless ruckmen by comparison.

Looks as though Will came off second best again cos if he was up for a fight, Kommsy, Nash and their mates were more than equal to the task this time.:

(Image from a previous game)
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/afl/young-cat-will-sexton-up-for-a-fight-in-geelongs-vfl-elimination-final-against-essendon/news-story/3e08dab4adb4ca102146c2d6f713a913

Looks as though Will came off second best again cos if he was up for a fight, Kommsy, Nash and their mates were more than equal to the task this time.:

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/afl/young-cat-will-sexton-up-for-a-fight-in-geelongs-vfl-elimination-final-against-essendon/news-story/3e08dab4adb4ca102146c2d6f713a913

Kommsy mongrel, I love it!

Great picture.

Play on!!!

Just for those who missed it (and the empty Kardinia Park seats in the background)!

How did Hams go? And can we have more info on Redman pls.

Was it on TV (want to get it from Estonia)

Did that game have the added benefit of beating Matthew Knights as coach or has he moved to the Cats main list Assist Coach?

Free kick Hawthorn.