Elimination Final vs Geelong, 2:40pm Saturday 3 September at North Port Oval

Taking the family down, is there a grand stand? Should we get there early like 1:30 or 2:15 OK to get a good spot

Yeah it’s fairly small but I highly doubt you’d need to get there particularly early since there is no curtain-raiser (I think).

I’ll be there super-early.

A tip for those interstate downloading the 7 app, put your postcode as 3000 for Melbourne.

Why does it make a difference?

The place was packed last year…

A tip for those interstate downloading the 7 app, put your postcode as 3000 for Melbourne.

because the VFL is not being played on channel 7 in any state other than Victoria. Since you are watching the game live, whatever is showing in your state will be what shows up in the App. Hence, you must make it think you are in Victoria. It is good and timely advice.

because the VFL is not being played on channel 7 in any state other than Victoria. Since you are watching the game live, whatever is showing in your state will be what shows up in the App. Hence, you must make it think you are in Victoria. It is good and timely advice.

Thanks. One of my sons was suggesting this and we weren’t sure if it would make a difference. We will see what happens at 2.30.

Unfortunately, it seems to know if you’re overseas. Without a VPN I don’t think I can watch. Any radio?

Anybody know of a radio statikn or radio steam for the game?

here I think

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/vfl/vfl-radio

Perfect conditions for footy. The crap promotion by the club (compared to last year) seems to be reflected directly by the small crowd here now.

Chips are… how can I express this… awful.

DJR having a kick, I believe.

Watch Hams have 30 touches and 2 goals, spinning out of packs and showing composure with 90% efficiency, and have people on Blitz say he doesn’t have enough tricks to make it.

Post season ops already underway - Joe Dan and Mitch Brown both with slings.

Watch Hams have 30 touches and 2 goals, spinning out of packs and showing composure with 90% efficiency, and have people on Blitz say he doesn't have enough tricks to make it.

Yep. And Polkinghorne will probs collect 25+ and slot a couple of while he’s at it. AFL is a different standard.

Fanta, Ambrose, Zaka, Hartley, JoeDan, Brown all here.

Watch Hams have 30 touches and 2 goals, spinning out of packs and showing composure with 90% efficiency, and have people on Blitz say he doesn't have enough tricks to make it.

Yep. And Polkinghorne will probs collect 25+ and slot a couple of while he’s at it. AFL is a different standard.

It is true that VFL performance is often not a good indicator of AFL ability. But what else do you have to go on? What else can these guys do except excel at the level they’re playing at?
Some of the best VFL players over the years have not been able to make it at the top level. I remember from the 70s Pat Wellington looking an absolute star in the 2’s but never being able to establish himself in the 1s (going back a bit I know). More recently, Lee was a very good VFL player, and currently, McKernan seems to be in that category.
I think, at some point, you just have to reward performance at the lower level and then see how the player can adapt. But it is a different game at the top level. Much greater emphasis on speed and speed of reaction, cleanness of hand and foot.
I think sometimes VFL players take quite a time to adapt up to the level, and are often not given enough time. It can be a quick and easy transition for some, and a very gradual one for others.
I still think I see signs Lil Hepp can make the transition. Maybe wishful thinking.

Looking forward to the call from Deckham, DJR and co. Go the Mighty Magoos!!

Fifty metre queue for the latecomers.

Eades here.