Elvis Presley's best song?

I recently noticed that in my Grooveshark.com collection of over 300 tunes, I have not included one single Elvis Presley song.
From that you can tell that I’m not his biggest fan. However, having said that, considering his undeniable fame, there must be ONE song that deserves to get a guernsey.
Help me out. If you had to pick one Elvis Presley song what would it be?

Hmm, well Elvis himself never wrote any songs, but did do a lot of the arranging on most.

Of the songs he sang … the ballads had far more depth & substance than any of the pop/rock stuff, so I’ll go with “In the Ghetto”.

I remember that one making my eyes water when I was a kid.

Quoted Post

Hmm, well Elvis himself never wrote any songs, but did do a lot of the arranging on most.

Of the songs he sang … the ballads had far more depth & substance than any of the pop/rock stuff, so I’ll go with “In the Ghetto”.

I remember that one making my eyes water when I was a kid.

Agree. Nice song. I didn’t mention it, but I was definitely leaning towards ballads myself. Any more ballads you like?

Mine are pretty much all critics choices.
I rate If I Can Dream from his comeback special and American Trilogy.
Ghost Train, That’s Alright Mama.

Of the big hits I’d have Hound Dog, just for the energy.

Edit: One song? That’s Alright Mama. Easily.

I’ll give them a run, Wim.

Return to Sender is the only Elvis song I ever took to, and it’s still not great.

Not a fan - but Cold Kentucky Rain.

Quoted Post

Not a fan - but Cold Kentucky Rain.

I know someone who rates that as his best, too.
I’m not feelin’ it…but apparently there’s something there.

Cold Kentucky Rain - ah, yes giving that a run right now…

I was brainwashed as kid, Viva las Vegas and Burning Love featured highly on Dad’s continuous loop.

Burning Love sounds like a venereal disease ha ha ha perfect for V. D. Sucks…

Goes hand in hand with las Vegas as well :smiley:

I’ve added a couple…one mentioned here (Kentucky Rain) and one no one has mentioned so far, surprisingly…can you guess it?

lol…I said Ghost Train…
Mystery Train

Edit: And I’m changing my hit pick from Hound Dog to Heartbreak Hotel.

Quoted Post

lol...I said Ghost Train... Mystery Train

No wonder I couldn’t find it! lol

edit: ha ha ha hillbilly song if ever I heard one :slight_smile:

l also don’t have a single Pelvis song in my collection, never have had. lf forced to l would go for Heartbreak Hotel, but the cover performed by John Cale. That one brings out the dark side of the sone in a sombre sort of way. Of his own performances, l didn’t mind Jailhouse Rock, but l preferred his choreography to the actual song itself, simply sensational moves.

I’m interested in what YOU think Wim.

I find it interesting how CJ also did not have him in his collection hmmmm

I told you what I think. :wink:
Just thought it might be easier to see the videos…

Quoted Post

I told you what I think. ;) Just thought it might be easier to see the videos...

You will be pleased to know Heartbreak Hotel just got a guernsey in my collection :wink: