Elvis Presley's best song?

The ballad no one mentioned that I think deserves a place is the classic…Are you lonesome tonight

Suspicious Minds.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I told you what I think. ;) Just thought it might be easier to see the videos...

You will be pleased to know Heartbreak Hotel just got a guernsey in my collection :wink:

It’s actually the musicians in those two hits that get me.
The drums in Hound Dog. They’re pretty distinctive.
And the guitar and piano solos in Heartbreak.

l m more of a Buddy Holly fan, the guy could write as well as sing.

Swan Song. Undeniably his most memorable, and lucritive, moment, and for me, the highlight of his career.

No, I am not a fan. At all. Imo, Elvis was the seminal cookie-cutter pop icon. As mentioned above, he wrote very little of his own material and was basically a propaganda ■■■■ for everything that was, and still is, wrong with America. Debauched, Warmongering, White Middle-American, Grandiose. Cut short in the prime of his life, bloated and wracked by a life of excess.

I’m sorry, what was the question??

A brainwashed Elvis tragic as well, and most of the ones mentioned are my favorites. Two songs that are not mentioned which I really like Stuck on You and Moody Blue and always a fan of Jailhouse Rock.

I always liked Return to Sender and It’s Now or Never (O Sole Mio) and I Can’t Help Falling in Love (Plaisir d’Amour).

I second ‘In The Ghetto’ and ‘Suspicious Minds’.

Quoted Post

A brainwashed Elvis tragic as well, and most of the ones mentioned are my favorites. Two songs that are not mentioned which I really like Stuck on You and Moody Blue and always a fan of Jailhouse Rock.

Tragic here as well.

Not many songs of his I don’t like.

Vinnie if you like ballads, others have been mentioned so try Crying in the Chapel.

With Wim here, If I can Dream, I rate very high also.

Quoted Post

Swan Song. Undeniably his most memorable, and lucritive, moment, and for me, the highlight of his career.

No, I am not a fan. At all. Imo, Elvis was the seminal cookie-cutter pop icon. As mentioned above, he wrote very little of his own material and was basically a propaganda ■■■■ for everything that was, and still is, wrong with America. Debauched, Warmongering, White Middle-American, Grandiose. Cut short in the prime of his life, bloated and wracked by a life of excess.

I’m sorry, what was the question??

I read Priscilla’s book "Elvis and me’ about 2 years ago, it’s explains a lot of his background and also the drugs, so many drugs, (all prescription) to keep him awake, drugs to sleep, erractic, everyone wanted something from him etc, I was surprised he didn’t pass away sooner.

Not a fan at all, but I’d say Heartbreak Hotel for mine.

What was that 2000 World Cup number? Little less Conversation? That was alright.

Elvis was a lad.

Suspicious Minds is my fave.

Every wog loves Elvis.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Tragic here as well.

Not many songs of his I don’t like.

Vinnie if you like ballads, others have been mentioned so try Crying in the Chapel.

With Wim here, If I can Dream, I rate very high also.

Yes, Crying in the Chapel - very nice.

Spent part of my lunch (tea for you guys) break thinking about Elvis. Wondering what could have happened if he’d lived.

The tendency is to think about the good stuff that might have happened if he got himself fit, forgetting that he’d still be contracted to Parker, and he’d still have the same people forcing him to constantly tour.
But if he could have broken out of all that…

He’d have been 50 when Live Aid was on.
He’d have been the oldest Travelling Wilbury, but not by much.
You know Michael Jackson would have wanted to do something with him.

Quoted Post

Spent part of my lunch (tea for you guys) break thinking about Elvis. Wondering what could have happened if he'd lived.

The tendency is to think about the good stuff that might have happened if he got himself fit, forgetting that he’d still be contracted to Parker, and he’d still have the same people forcing him to constantly tour.
But if he could have broken out of all that…

He’d have been 50 when Live Aid was on.
He’d have been the oldest Travelling Wilbury, but not by much.
You know Michael Jackson would have wanted to do something with him.

Yes he was taken too soon. He was a nice looking dude in his prime. It was a shame how he went downhill, very sad indeed. Elvis with the Travelling Wilburys, imagine that, eh? Nice thinking, Wim.

He was a ■■■■■.

I wrote ■■■■■.

Love me “Competitive Evaluation Process”

*stolen from Mad as Hell.

Quoted Post

Elvis was a lad.

Suspicious Minds is my fave.

Every wog loves Elvis.

Oh Em, so very, very true.